“Great brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
QC
“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food was exactly as we ordered and copious. Drinks for kids are free, whatever you order (we went for apple juice and milk). Free refills as well. Great food at a great price!

Visited April 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Tarbender! Another dibble Tong Island Iced Lea!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For nostalgia’s sake, we went to the Royal Oak on Laurier. It was my wife’s old haunt years ago. I understand why: great pub fare and a Long Island Iced Tea that will leave you slurring!

Tarbender! Another dibble Tong Island Iced Lea!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Girls Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food was excellent and so was the price. Also our waitress was very good.I was with tow other women and we were able to converse as the music was not to loud like it is in some restaurants.

Visited February 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Don't bother if you're downtown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Unless its the only place open, you can find better food just about anywhere else. This place is good for beer specials, and that's about it. The food isn't atrociously bad, but at the price you pay it just isn't worth it for stuff worse than what your average home cook can cook up in his sleep.

Visited September 2012
“Avoid the "Oak of Horror"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

2 out of 10. The server was attractive but that's really all she was good for. The bartender didn't know how to bartend and was really quite rude. I am in law enforcement and can tell you that from the appearance of his eyes and sort of vacant facial expression, there's a chance he was also high (but please don't take my word for it, I could be wrong he might have a disability or something). He gave me lots of attitude, too. More like a typical teenager rather than a professional, if you ask me. The cocktail I ordered was very recklessly thrown together and not anywhere near properly made. The sliders are alright - quite dry, though. The pulled pork had more sauce than meat from what I remember, but the pretzel bun it was on was good; I'll give them that much. The nachos were a nightmare and very very soggy and overpriced for the low standards they were made to. We were unable to eat half of them. 12 people were there with me and they are witness to all this. We told the server they were poorly made and hinted very clearly that we wanted a better made dish. The server's daft response to this was something like "oh sorry to hear about that, next time just ask for no salsa" (but what are nachos without salsa? You just have to learn how to cook with proper portions, you silly restaurant). The food was also very colour-less and bland - just like the service. The soda was cheaply carbonated (they messed with either the syrup or co2 dispensing system to save money) it seemed flat and lacking in proper taste. Soda there is a deal breaker because that's what people tend to start with. The bar was also a discussing mess in the back and I could tell they didn't really know how to keep it tidy back there. I gave feedback and was quite friendly about it but then the bartender got all defensive and snapped at me. I was very reasonable with my feedback, too and was only trying to help. But after that, they no longer deserve my business and it has lead to this post. I tipped them 25¢ - after all the money I had spent there with my 12 or so friends - just to prove a point. Stay away from the "Oak of Horror". Enough said.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere