“Worth the little bit extra.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2400 Alert Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1V 1S1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Victoria, BC
“Worth the little bit extra.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I don't always stay in Hilton Hotels, but years ago my husband and I started a tradition........on the final night of a trip we would stay in a nice hotel near the airport.....a last bit of luxury and convenience before heading back to reality. We used to live in Ottawa so it feels a bit strange to spend money to stay in a hotel there but this one is worth it! The shuttle will pick you up and take you to the airport - it's three minutes away. The rooms are lovely, clean and spacious, the pool and hot tub are just the ticket after a long drive and to get ready for a flight. The restaurant service is professional and friendly, the food well-presented and fine. The staff are helpful and oh...did I mention..It's three minutes from the airport!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AlisonHunter, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are so pleased you take the time to pamper yourselves at the end of a vacation. We are so pleased you chose our hotel to do so. We pride ourselves on making every stay great for every guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I forgot to write my review from my two stays in August. My Wife was leaving on a two week business trip. We live in Lanark but are Ottawa Patrons for decades. I did a search on Hotels near the Airport as she was going to be gone during our 5th Anniversary and thought we would enjoy a stay the night before and the night she comes back. Searched Trip and picked this hotel based on reviews. Everything and Everyone was amazing with one exception. One of Our breakfasts - Mine - was the daily special of Eggs Beni but with home made bacon was claimed on the blackboard and by the Waiter. When I got it, it was inedible!! I am a chef and it was left over pork roast shredded and then re-fried on the grill, I brought it to the attention of our waiter and he was agreeable just by looking at it. Next thing I new he was back and had compt the entire breakfast. I told him I was not looking for a free meal but he insisted. Everything else was delicious so I would have been ok with paying for my Wife's breakfast. We will always stay here when we travel. The hotel is in the west end of Ottawa and yes there is not much to do in the area so you have to use a taxi if you do not bring a car. But we had dinner one night at the Keg and that's one of my fave restaurants only 5 minutes away. Everyone is fantastic wish I had captured names of staff so I could post here. Oh ya you CANNOT hear the planes but our rooms you could see them take off and land very cool!

Room Tip: Rooms 600 was a great view if you like plane watching
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate you pointing out the unsatisfactory bacon that you had and we are pleased that the problem was resolved to your liking. We pride ourselves on our satisfaction promise to ensure every guest is satisfied with their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Osh Kosh, Wi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

very nice hotel, very comfortable bed, , clean room, staff very helpful, esp in the dining room, next visit I will plan to stay longer in Ottawa and do more sightseeing, great location, to airport and main road leading into city

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Sydney, NS, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. I was greeted by the front desk staff immediately, and they asked if their was any thing else they could do to make my stay more enjoyable. The hotel was clean, very clean in the room, the restaurant and all common areas. Plenty of common area seating to just relax and enjoy the space. Bathroom towels were full, fluffy, soft and plentiful. The view of watching Ottawa Airport was great. I would recommend this hotel without a second thought, and plan on making it my Ottawa Airport hotel in the future. The shuttle was speedy, and driver very polite, no load music to avoid conversation. Great Hotel, Great Location, Great Visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world. We appreciate travellers sharing their stay with future guests. We look forward to your next visit.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel had terrific staff, we felt comfortable right from the start. the room we had was spacious, clean and quiet. we had a wedding reception here as well and the food was very good, service excellent and the entire experience a very happy one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

AlisonHunter, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel. We host many wedding receptions in our ballroom and we are glad you got to experience our great food and service. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great location for business around the airport or area. I was a bit disappointed with the dinner menu, but no big deal
I would stay here again, clean, comfortable and relaxing, bar is in house so you don't have to worry about getting back to your room

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlisonHunter, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate all the feedback. We are sorry you were dissapointed in our dinner menu. We have a wide variety of selections from steaks and pastas, to fish and burgers. We also have a seasonal menu that changes every 3 months with 9 items on it. We hope to see you again soon
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at your hotel from 16 to 21 Sept, and I was there myself on the night of 24 Sept. I'd just like to pass on my thanks to your staff. I found the hotel very clean and quiet and the staff in all departments were excellent and made their guests feel right at home. I do a lot of travel and I like to stay places where I know there won't be any issues and if there are, they will be fixed right away. Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport is one of those places.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport? Share your experiences!