“Delicious Food, but kind of Expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Fusion, Bistro
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Nepean, Ontario
“Delicious Food, but kind of Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I used to eat here regularly when it was under the former owners. The quality of food is just as good, and maybe a little better, but portions seem to have become smaller. I had one of the evening specials, jumbo shrimp with mango salsa topping, sauteed vegetables and rice. The sauteed vegetables were quite creative and delicious, the advertised rice pilaw was just steamed rice. The jumbo shrimp were fairly large, attractively plated, but I don't think three shrimp make a twenty-dollar entree. Total bill with a nice draft Creemore ale thirty dollars, plus tip. Good, but no bargain.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa
“Good food, charming decor, excellent prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had dinner here tonight.. The place has the same quirkily charming décor it had before, and the menu, although different under the new owners, is still intriguingly eclectic. We found the food very good, and enjoyed the caring and friendly couple who cooked and served us. We also loved that it was a quiet and relaxing place to eat on a Saturday night.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lone Butte, Canada
“Fabulous, Fresh, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I arrived at this restaurant at 13:30 and the chef/owner showed me to a table and gave me a menu. He set up a little heater beside me because it was a little chilly and advised me of the daily special, which I ordered. He brought my green tea immediately and I could hear him preparing the food while I drank. Five minutes later the most beautiful salad appeared before me, all freshly chopped and elegantly arranged on the plate. It was crispy, colourful and delicious. Then the main dish arrived, you could smell the spices wafting off the plate and it made my mouth water. It was one of, if not the best curry I have ever had. This is one of those places that the food far outweighs the decor. Do not miss it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I just had lunch at Zuni Cafe, and it is a little gem waiting to be explored. It wasn't too busy which was a good thing and a shame at the same time.I'm not sure if folks know about this place, but it was great to get in, seated and served right away for Friday lunch.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty food, pleasant dining experience, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've been there five or six times over the years but this was the first time since the new owners took over. The dinner menu has changed but continues to be interesting. Although limited it offers a surprising variety of food. I had a spicy Mediterranean pasta and my wife had the buttered chicken. Both were very good, and particularly well seasoned. The ingredients were fresh. We were able to get wine by the half litre. The room decor is funky in a good way. It was quiet! In total, the bill was just over $50. Very decent I thought. We look forward to going back for breakfast or lunch. I think this place is a real find despite its location in a small strip mall on Greenbank. Once inside, it's all good.

• Visited July 2013