“Comfort food in a nice neighbourhood pub” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Comfort food in a nice neighbourhood pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We visit Patty's frequently. I know what I like, especially the Shepherds's Pie, with which I also ask for a side of broccoli, because for some reasone they serve a bun with this yummy home-fodd instead of veg, Occasionally, they feature a good salnon dish with leek and tarragon sauce. However, the regular menu salmon with (yuk) maple syrup is awful. I have repeatedly asked for the tarragon leek version to replace the maple one with no results. The fish and chips are usually good, and are served with half fries (yummy) and half salad(good) without any trouble. I never order the pasta dishes but my husband does, but he often judges them 'bland'. He loves the Thai beef salad. The selection of draft beers is outstanding, featuring lots of local brews like Beau's. The wine list is okay, but very expensive. I don't know why an 8 oz. glass of Chilean wine should cost $11 plus. The service is always excellent. The environment is comfortable for families to groups of students. I don't like the sports on the TVs that often no one is watching. Recently it was boxing, and the server changed the channel when I asked. Patty's could be perfect with a little tweeking. It seems a tad neglected at present, but still for my money the best pub in town. Also great music, live Celtic music on Thursday nights.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Ottawa, Canada
“Poor service for larger groups”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you are planning to show with a small group of friends, well the place is probably all right. Decor was a friendly pub style atmosphere. My issue was when there were reservations ahead of time for the 12 of us, they had plenty of warning and should have been more prepared. We came in for a later morning breakfast and waited over an hour before plates arrived at our tables. Like I said not a great experience for larger groups and thought it should be mentioned.

Visited June 2012
McLean, Virginia
“ok neighborhood pub. wings are excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We leave a few blocks away, so we end up eating here every couple of weeks with the kids. The food is just ok. Fish and Chips were awful. We did finally find something that was delicious; THE WINGS: they are crispy and nice. Nice wait staff. Tuesday night is wing night at Pattys. It is your typical Irish pub. It is a watering hole with so-so quality food.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Good local pub/eatery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I spend a lot of time at Patty's. The food can be a bit hit and miss. When it's hitting, it is a great mixture of relaxed atmosphere, good food and good drink. When it misses, the food can be disappointing and a bit overpriced. They have a great beer selection for a neighbourhood pub, and their kegs always seem fresh.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Magog, Canada
“real pub grub and atmposhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I am rating this restaurant very good in comparison to similar restaurants of the same type.

The menu is true Irish pub fare and is tasty and reasonably priced.There is a huge selection of beers on tap as well as a decent list of wines by the glass.

I ordered a boxty, as I had never had one before. It is a thin potato pancake into which is rolled a choice of one of several different fillings, Mine was strips of tender beef sirloin sauteed with bell peppers and in a peppercorn sauce. It was served with a very fresh green salad with a house vinaigrette.

Visited February 2012