“Delicious vegan and vegetarian food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #106 of 2,215 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Organic
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious vegan and vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

When I decided to go vegan for health reasons, I found it difficult to find a restaurant that specialised in healthy vegan options. In Ottawa/Gatineau, I have tried La belle verte, the Green Door and then I found The Table. What I like about this place is that above every dish they list every ingredient. The chefs are constantly coming out of the kitchen with fresh dishes from different ethnicities. It is a bit cafeteria style. You take a glass plate, pile on it what you want to eat and at the end, your plate is weighed. Mine is always between $15.00 and $20.00. For some people this may be a little pricey. But if you are looking for fresh, wholesome vegan or vegetarian food, it is worth it. Every day there is a soup for $4.00 a bowl which you can accompany with a thick slice of homemade bread. It opens at 11:30 am.

Visited September 2012

Ottawa, Canada
“Great Food for even us Non-vegetarians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at The Table today and I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the food choices and their wonderful taste. We are not vegetarians and this is a vegetarian restaurant. The food is set up as a buffet selection and the kitchen staff are constantly bringing out freshly prepared food so nothing sits for long. Their chefs prepare the food just the way I like. My green beans, red cabbage and asperagus were not over-cooked nor under cooked. The brown rice was slightly under cooked but still very good. The salad bar was all fresh produce and delicious. Every dish has a full description of the ingredients so you know precisely what is going into your body.

I will definitely return there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Everything is good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Everything we ate here was really good - not one thing disappointed! Nice, helpful staff and good food. I like the pay by weight thing, makes it so we can load up the plates with a little of everything instead of committing to just one dish. I also loved all the info and labels on each dish. The tabouli salad was a refreshing delight! I didn't see a ton of drink options, but the stuff they did offer was good. Definitely recommend checking this place out!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Vegetarian Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Good vegetarian cuisine cafeteria style - pick what you know you like and sample what you think you might like - it is all by weight so you are not risking much. Large room with basic tables, chairs and friendly ambiance; reasonably priced and good food.

Visited July 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

On my recent trip to Ottawa, I stopped in at The Table. It is very similar to The Green Door - cafeteria style, pay by weight, home-style vegan/vegetarian food.

• Visited July 2012