“Intimate and tasty!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
“Intimate and tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a lovely and intimate restaurant/lounge with a great relaxing, yet stimulating environment! The "tapas" were perfect for a light meal, tasty and fulfilling. Apricot Hummus, mint lamb "balls", mushroom tapinade, select cheeses, all enjoyable. We missed out on their one of their signatures "the dink", however it looked delicious and the other highly recommended item is the baked cheese sandwich with house ketchup! of course it would be!
Our wines we served cool and quickly as were our cocktails. Constant replenishment of water and an attentive duo who were social and friendly.
Be prepared, the space is limited, which is totally within the realm of actually being in Spain!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Rude racist and judgemental of social class”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Went to Trio last night with a friend. At first I thought the place was nice with a cool vibe. My personal bill ended up being close to $100 and my friends bill was around the same. When it came time to pay I settled my bill and gave a tip on my debit about 10% and I had cash on me and was going to leave that when we ready to leave as we were still finishing off our drinks and planning to sit another 15 minutes. The waitress instantly came over sat down and rudely asked me why I didn't tip her more - they ask to tip 20% on the machine. I proceeded to tell her I would give her a sufficient amount based on her service and was going to leave cash. She continued to aggressively ask me why I didnt leave her more money and would not move from our table. At this point I was feeling harassed and feeling as though she was treating me this way because of my racial background. I have never been to a place where a server has complained about the amount I left in a tip - nonetheless come up to me in an intimidating manner . She didn't go above and beyond in her service but to have the guts to literally corner a customer and belittle them is wrong. Maybe being in a neighborhood like Westboro she expected more money but this was by far the worst experience ever - and I have travelled a lot. I didn't leave her any more cash in the end and she asked us to leave. The owners of Trio should train their staff to treat customers with proper decency regardless of their financial status or background. Making a customer feel like a criminal or like they are 'stealing' something is wrong when they pay what they owe - and a tip is a bonus. Either way I would never recommend this place to anyone - and there are much more classy places in Ottawa. Being as business owner in the city I believe customer service is number one and no customer should be made to feel inadequate regardless of race or social class.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Cozy and Inviting Lounge with Good food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I always enjoy a night at trio. It is always busy and the crowd is interesting. Service is attentive, friendly and unpretentious. They have a great martini list and the appetizers are tasty. A rare kind of neighbourhood bar/restaurant in Ottawa, definitely worth supporting!

Visited January 2012
“Love Trio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I love this little lounge, local artwork, jewelry case, wonderful food to nibble on, cozy cushions.... I meet good friends here from time to time, it is our spot :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gatineau, Canada
“Great music and atmosphere but not truly a restaurant. This has a lounge style menu only. Great place though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008