“Meh... I don't get the hype” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Ontario
“Meh... I don't get the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went there a few weeks ago with some friends. This was the second time I have been there and overall I find the place just 'o-k'.

Seating is super tight which doesn't make it very enjoyable.

Food is good. Prices are not bad.

The vibe is ok.... louder than it needs to be and seating is too 'cozy'.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nanaimo, BC
“more than just a pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed for a few days in an apartment a few blocks from Elgin Street, and locals there recommended Manx as a great place for food. They were right. The range of beers and local wines was an added bonus. It is small, and busy even on a regular week night, but people seemed prepared to stand and wait for a table.
The specials are distinctly different - the meals are not just pub food, but could be classified as 'gastro-pub' given the inventiveness shown by the kitchen.
We really enjoyed our visit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Favourite in the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Love this place for it's laid back atmosphere, it's craft beer list and it's inventive (and filling!) pub food. The lamb curry wrap is crazy good but so are the specials. They also offer yummy vegetarian items like the tofu tacos (my second "go to" dish ). Apparently they do a fantastic brunch as well.

Visited September 2012
Sudbury, Canada
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our server made a snarky remark when I asked for a cocktail menu. My drink tasted terrible (they couldn't even make a Tequila Sunrise!), and though it was obvious I didn't take more than a sip, the server never asked what was wrong with it. The food was mediocre, and we were never checked on once our food arrived. We actually had to flag someone down to pay our bill. I will NEVER be heading there again, that's for sure!

Visited August 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Scotch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Small little pub, very loud when it's full (which seems like pretty often). Great selection of scotch at a decent price.

Visited September 2012