“Just like a lottery...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Montreal, Canada
“Just like a lottery...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I went to this restaurant twice: once last year and today for lunch. The first time, it was for diner and my friend and I took their special seafood combination and it was delicious. However, this time, I went with my mother and we made our own combinations which are a little less expensive and way not as big. For starters, we chose the stuffed mushrooms which were too greasy. The garlic bread was delicious but as I am on a diet, I just tasted it. As a main dish, my mother took the grilled schrimps with the salmon and a stuffed potatoe with everything on it. The schrimps were small, the salmon too cooked and the potatoe had only sour cream on it. I chose the grilled schrimps with the stuffed sole. My schrimps were like my Mom's and the sole so small that it looked like it was sinking under the sole which had too much cheese on it. In addition, the plates took 40 minutes to be served which is outrageous for the kind of food we had.

Over all, I would say that it was mediocre but, as it was very good the first time, I will give it an average note. However, it seems as this place is really like a lottery: one day, you can win and have a great dish and, another time, it will be the total opposite and you will come out very dissapointed. So, you have been warned...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Service, Above average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

There was already a queue when we arrived around 6.30 pm on a Friday. The waiting time for us was approximately 45 mins. We started with the lobster artichoke and seafood dip, which was delicious. The lobster tails in the Ultimate Feast was good but the snow crab legs and shrimps were only average. Our son was happy with his Broiled Fisherman's feast. Overall, it was a good experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
“Awesome food, Awesome service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with 2 of our 6 children went to eat there. My husband had seafood, I had chicken and the kids had nuggets. I have never tasted great chicken like I have at Red Lobster. My husband's shrimps were awesome, a little tangy, nothing like I have ever tasted before.
Not to mention the service. The guy that worked there that night was so friendly and came back numerous times to make sure we didn't miss anything.
We tipped him pretty good too, he was happy, it showed on his face.
Food and service as great as that deserves good reviews!
I would recommend it to anyone visiting that area, its a must stop by!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Another Great Red Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good Food, reasonable Price and great service. We like RL restrauants for the most part as noted and we have only found one in the US that had the ambient noise level (AKA music to some) in the foreground it drove us out.

The RL facilities we have frequented in Ottawa are great. One of our favorite chain restrauants.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recalled from years ago, loving this place....Not any more. The last few times I tried to go we ended up leaving and going somewhere else because the wait was just too long on saturdays. But this last time we stayed and ate. The lobster was dry from being grilled too long. The deep fried shimp, fish, and scallops were mushy and lukewarm. The veg was gross. They didn't have the red claw ale, and the biscuits weren't coming to the table. They do, IMHO have excellent biscuits. The onion rings I ordered were about the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. Honestly, are you guys serious, this is 6$ worth of onion rings? You should be ashamed for serving this to us. I really expected better. I really wanted better. I left and went to the Royal Oak with my wife, had an oak burger, and onion rings. Half the price, twice the beer, no waiting, and betetr food. Red Lobster, you should fix this before someone else starts a sea food chain and does it right.

• Visited August 2012