“Best sushi in Ottawa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Generation Sushi

New Generation Sushi
150 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5J4, Canada (Byward Market Area)
+1 613-565-8998
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 2,223 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Combining Japanese culinary traditions with fresh, innovative creations, New Generation Sushi features a large selection of specialty sushi rolls to please all palates. All our sushi are freshly prepared and made to order.
Montreal, Canada
“Best sushi in Ottawa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I'm a huge fan of sushi. Some of my friends highly recommended this place since I am from out of town. I've had great sushi several times but this has got to be the best I've had. I didn't expect it to be THAT good. The eel melted in my mouth. It tastes amazing and looks amazing! If you're looking for something out of the ordinary with great service this is the place to go.

I don't usually write reviews but after seeing they now had a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (definitely well earned), I opted to share my experience as well so that others can have a taste of well worked art.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Great modern Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place has a great new view of sushi. The dishes are perfectly executed and the taste is sublime. We have grest sushi in Montreal and this is as good as any we have tried. Give it a shot. Staff is also very k8nd and welcoming.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Sushi, with a modern twist.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a relatively new restaurant and it was extremely tasty. The sushi was a mixture of traditional and contemporary dishes.

We had a very good cross reference of dishes, including Miso soup, that was delicious. Including, one dish of seared salmon in a sauce using kimchi as an ingredient.

And all at a very reasonable price.

The staff were superb and the chef explained how he had trained in Japan and now had this new restaurant. Located next to AJ'S, another Ottawa legend.

Give it a try, but have an open mind, it's a little more than just traditional sushi.

Visited June 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice service, poor sushi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The service was nice when I ordered take-away sushi from this place. However, the sushi wasn't great although pretty cheap - the sashimi and nigiri were dry and the soy sauce was watered out.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious, unique, value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Viewing the prices when ordering, I was impressed that the cost was reasonable, but I was not expecting much. I was so happy to be wrong! The rolls were huge, lots of fish, and many unique combinations of ingredients. Each dish was a piece of art. Service was top-notch.