“Great Italian Food in the Suburbs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 2,288 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Italian Food in the Suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Bank Street South, near South Keys is home to a small but excellent Italian restaurant. It is located in a strip mall on the east side of Bank Street north of Hunt Club Road. It is a go to place for good food and service if one doesn't want to drive to Little Italy. Last week we were out with friends and wet looking for a place to eat. We could've get a reservation at a couple of other restaurants so we tried and succeeded with Mr. B's. the food was great as we're the portions. After a starter of fried Zuchini I had the Veal Picata and my wife had one of the specials, Lamb Shank. The starter was just so so and I wouldn't recommend it nor the Calamari which we had tried before. On the other hand the Mains were excellent as was the glass of red wine recommended by the server. The Main came with fried potatoes (so so) and an excellent medley of vegetables. We passed on dessert and coffee as we were invited back to our friends Condo for the same. All in all a very pleasant, reasonably priced meal with excellent service. What more can one expect!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gatineau, QC
“Fresh Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nice little Italian restaurant in a small strip club off Bank Street. Food is always good with fair prices. Staffs are always nice and ready to help out. Food is made from fresh ingredient with a good selection of daily specials. Not necessarily a must-stop but good place to stop by when in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“My favorite restaurant in Ottawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Ottawa. I have been going to Mr. B's for years and recently switched my diet to gluten free and vegan. When I asked them if they could accommodate, there was not even a one second pause before they said no problem, tell us what you need. Mr. B's goes above and beyond to accommodate their guests with mixing and matching items, with diet restrictions and food allergies. The biggest thing is consistency, the food is always consistent, the service is always consistent and you know it is a good restaurant when there staff turnover is minimal. In addition to this, while working for a not for profit organization, the owners were more than willing to donate to our campaign. Great food, great staff and great community view....what more could you ask for! I LOVE Mr. B's.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Needs a reno badly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Whether it's the out of date and often dirty menu or the dollar store wine glasses, it is clear that this place has fallen behind the times. The food is not as well crafted as it used to be. They appear to be taking their loyal guest base for granted. Time to get back to basics and revisit some of the details that made this place what it is.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Great dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our family recently celebrated a birthday at Mr. B's. We were a total of 10. Service was excellent and the dinner equally so. Mr. B's is a place we have been to often, it has a comfortable feel about it and the quality of food never disappoints. I had calamari fritti - some of the best I have eaten in Ottawa. Crispy, lightly fried and lots. I also had the spicy shrimp - the appetizer. And to my pleasant surprise there were 6 large shrimp on a small bed of rice. It was delicious. I ordered a capuccino to finish the meal - just superb, the right amount of everything and two little cookies rounded off the experience.The rest of the table had a variety of things, and everyone was very happy. This would have been a challenge at a lot of places, but not at Mr. B's. We were vegetarian, carnivores, vegans and one "absolutely no fat" eater. The kitchen accomodated us all. Definitely would go back there.

• Visited June 2012