“Meh” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Star Texas Grill

Lone Star Texas Grill
4048 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K2K 1Y1, Canada (Kanata)
+1 613-599-9535
Neighborhood: Kanata
Chicago, Illinois
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The atmosphere was very nice to see as all in all it was quite authentic.

The appetizer of chips and salsa was good while you waited for your entree. I waited about 20 minutes for a steak, at lunch time. I thought it was entirely too long to wait for a meal, and I got my steak with steamed vegetables and a salad. The steak was quite good, and the salad was actually average, entirely too much lettuce I thought, with just a couple of cherry tomatoes, and anything else in the salad was overwhelmed by the amount of lettuce.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kanata, Canada
“Very Good experience, but may require reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is very busy place and is very popular among high-tech Kanata workers. My favorite is salsa and fajitas. Usually I am very pleased with my food . Once I had to return my fish dish, and Manager offered replacement. I would recommend it to my friends.

Visited June 2013
Ashton, Canada
“Adequate at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went with a group of 15 for a birthday party -only had one waiter to serve us all so took a while to get served. Had only 2hours to eat so just ordered a burgers,fries and a drink. Asked what came on burger and was told tomato,lettuce and onion. When it came there was a big dill pickle on the onion and tomato. Took it off and fortunately there was no juice on burger itself so asked waiter for fresh fixings -he went and returned with them instead of taking burger and bring new one the way it was ordered. He also left smelling pickle beside me on plate until I handed it to passing waiter. When bill came he left it ,came back,took it and then dropped it beside me again still the same amount. I suggested to him that the menu had red that drink would be $2 with meals but not to worry about it -he just said oh -took everyone else's payment and only came back to us when my wife called him back. Not a truly great experience and to top it off burger had consistency and taste of a hockey puck -hope not return

Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“canadian tex mex Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Lone Star is your usual Canadian tex mex watering hole and meeting place.
It is large, noisy and not in a good way and when you leave that greasy tortilla smell goes with you.
Don't get me wrong it is a great place for the gang to pile into after work, a golf tournament or some event but to say on a sat night lets got to Lone Star well there are so many more interesting places to eat in Ottawa.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
“A great Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We attended here in early May 2013 for our first anniversary dinner. We made reservations for 10 and had some of our close friends join us.

On arrival our party gathered in the bar area until all of our friends had arrived. The bartender was friendly and entertaining and attentive to the crowd that was gathering for the dinner rush. The NHL playoffs were on all the TV's and the crowd was pumped for the games.

Our table was ready as promised and on time and we were seated without incident. The chips and salsa are worthy of being a meal in and of themselves !! So damned good you have to remember to leave room for supper !.

Our server had drinks and apps served in a flash. Our food orders were in and all arrived together, which is nice to see in spite of it being a larger group. Other servers pitched in to help bring the dishes out and we were all able to start eating quickly.

The food itself was simply delicious. The fajitas never fail to impress and I'm frankly not even sure if there needs to be anything else on the menu. I always say that one of these days I'll try something else, but never seem to be able to. In no time we were stuffed.

After the main course, we indulged in a celebratory dessert and coffee, and were called out for our special occasion after our friends thought public embarassment was an approriate anniversary celebration. We stood on our chairs with large foam cowboy hats on while being serenaded by the staff. It was hilarious, and I owe a few friends for that one .. their day is coming !!!

We sat and talked and were the last ones to leave the place, but never felt pressured to leave by the staff.

All in all it was a great time and we look forward to going back soon !!! Well done Lone Star !!

• Visited May 2013