“"Quaint place"” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“"Quaint place"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food is good but next time I would order off the menu rather than one of the specials. I had a bowtie pasta with spinach and white beets but it was bland. My friend ordered a steak and a pea risotto which looked very good. For dessert the lemon tart was just so-so, next time I would try the pecan pie. The service was very good, friendly and quick. We went on a weeknight without reservations and had no problem getting a table, but I would recommend calling ahead of time since its a small restaurant. This place is a nice change from the chain restaurants everywhere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went for lunch with group of friends from work. Had a great meal, nice selection of lunch specials to choose from. The pasta I had was quite delicious, everyone else enjoyed their meal as well. Desserts were excellent!

Our server was pleasant, knowledgable and attentive without hovering. Definitely plan to go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Our go-to restaurant in Ottawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have never been disappointed by Flying Piggies. Excellent food, generous portions (but not too large), terrific ambiance (lots of happy, well-fed folks). Service is hospitable and generally as attentive as you want but they are sometimes stretched a bit thin.

The variously flavoured creme brûlées (different flavour each evening) are always superb and a real highlight of my evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Cozy evening out and an enjoyable dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

A cozy restaurant and amiable staff. The parking lot is extremely limited and more parking is not very readily available in the area. We enjoyed our meals and the wine selection wasn't bad (also plenty of availability of wine by the glass).

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Flying Piggy's quality has slipped!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have always treated ourselves to Flying Piggy's for our family birthdays. For a long time this has been a wonderful place. Tonight we were SO disappointed in our meal. My Scallops Con Basil was terrible. The scallops had an awful chemical taste - to the point that I was unable to eat them. The last bite was one that I truly wanted to put into my napkin. I finished less than half the meal. When the owner asked me if I wanted to take the remainder home, I said that I didn't because there was an upleasant taste. She didn't seem to care at all. She just cleared away our dishes and said she would bring the dessert menu. We told her that we would pass on that and to please bring us the bill.
I feel that we have been loyal patrons for over 10 years and I am very disappointed that this owner was not interested in making sure that our experience was positive. I have never complained about a meal in any restaurant, but this one was not edible and I am really, really upset that nobody cared.

• Visited December 2012