“Excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went to Domus Cafe with a group of 12 and all of us enjoyed our meals. The menu is small and I think that we had all of the main courses. All were excellent. For appetizers the soup and tomato salad were particularly outstanding. A little bit pricey but high quality food

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kennebunk, Maine
“One of the best in Ottawa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Consistently good; great food, a nice wine list and excellent service. We had not been there in some time and were pleased to find out that it hasn`t changed.
The décor needs a little update but it`s OK as it is.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Why don't we eat here every Friday night?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After a fabulous meal, that was the question we asked ourselves. My husband started with the market soup - pureed egplant and tomato with a spicy cumin edge. I had the best tomato salad ever - beautiful red, room temperature beauties served with tons of fresh basil and a delightfully salty olive tapenade - oh and some crumbled goat cheese for garnish.We went on to have a perfectly medium rare steak/frites for my husband and an oh. my. god. good saddle of rabbit stuffed with mushrooms and wrapped in prosciutto for me. Unfortunately no room left for dessert. Service was outstanding,atmosphere wonderfully romantic for a rainy night. Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having dined several times at Domus Cafe, over past few years, I have found meals to be consistently excellent. One of the servers, in particular, seems to be a foodie, as his descriptions of dishes are perfect as are his recommendations. If you are lucky enough to have this young man as your server, listen to his advice as he knows what is the day's best offering.

• Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Food is Consistently Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was in Domus for lunch a couple of days ago with a friend. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Ottawa. I like tablecloths and linen napkins and kudos to John Taylor's Domus Cafe for still using this inviting touch of elegance. So many restaurants have done away with linens in favor of paper! In the evening there are often fresh flowers on the tables thanks to Sylvia, John Taylor's wife who is also the resident sommelier, and candles which makes for a lovely, attractive atmosphere as well as romantic if out on a date or celebrating an anniversary. I cannot praise the food highly enough. The menu is small and changes regularly as this restaurant prides themselves on fresh locally sourced fruit, vegetables and meat. They make everything on the premises including smoking their own fish. The wine pairing is outstanding and the service is excellent, even when the restaurant is full. I personally hate being rushed when I am dining in an upscale restaurant such as Domus and I find the service and attention to detail never leaves me feeling there is something lacking. As for the food, I have been to Domus several times and the quality and presentation is so good I find myself both wishing it would never end and looking forward to my next visit. You get what you pay for and money spent on good food is never money wasted.

• Visited August 2013