“An exceptionally special treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 2,218 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Ottawa, Canada
“An exceptionally special treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband surprised me with a dinner at Beckta -- a 5-course tasting menu with wine parings for my recent milestone birthday. Excellence -- every step of the way; from the greeting at the door, to the 5 or 6 servers attending tables, taking orders, topping up water glasses, offering their fantastic artisan breads.

The food is, as expected, detectible, delicious, sometimes an unexpected, yet fantastic surprise for the palette and tongue.

Beckta's reviews are certainly worthy of the rave reviews here, and for us, a "keeper".

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
stevebeckta, Owner at Beckta Dining & Wine, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for all of the rave reviews of Beckta. I'm really excited you had such a good dinner and enjoyed both the food and the service so much. I can't wait to share your comments with the team. Hope we get a chance to see you again before to long.

Cheers,

“Dining and Beckta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

In Ottawa there is dining and there is Beckta. This place is in a league of its own. If you want to benchmark it, think Michelin starred, think Pellegrino top 50, you get the idea... Our latest visit was after a rather long hiatus, and the first since executive chef Moffat delegated the kitchen to his former souschef at Play. Rest assured, excellence continues to be the norm. For a memorable occasion every time, this is it, hands down, the very best O-town has to offer.

Hi Vlad:

Thanks very much for dining with us at Beckta as well, and for all of the raves. It's pretty humbling to be compared to a michelin starred restaurant. Thank you. I hope to be able to serve you personally on your next visit.

With many thanks,

Ottawa
“WOW$$$$$$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well this place was excellent, but excellence comes with a price. If you want to be treated like you should be, this place wins a prize. Their service was exemplary. From a custom menu to amazing service to taste beyond expectation. Want a treat, come here.

Hi Paul: Thanks for all of the kind words on Beckta. I know when ordering the tasting menu and wine parings it can add up past a normal dining experience, but I'm thrilled that you felt it was worthwhile for what you received. We would love to have you back for the same great service even for a simple night out ordering a-la-carte on a less special occasion.

With many thanks,

Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious & great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We totally enjoyed our experience at Bechta. We chose the surprise 8-course dinner and it was absolutely amazing. I can't for the life of me remember what the dishes were called for they had rather fancy names, but all were delicious. I would definitely suggest the surprise dinner for those who are adventurous with their food. The service was great, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Can't wait to go there again.

stevebeckta, Owner at Beckta Dining & Wine, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Dayung: Thank you very much for dining with us at Beckta recently, and for all of the great compliments. I can't wait to share them with our team. I'm really happy that you loved the tasting menu so much and hope I get a chance to welcome you back personally before too long.

All the best,

Ottawa, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Otown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Super service, great food options. We have been several times and I swear that this is by far the best place to eat in town. Don't miss it, and if it does not measure up, speak with Steve Beckta the owner. He will always make a big effort to make thing right.

Visited May 2012