“WOW$$$$$$” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 2,149 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa
“WOW$$$$$$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well this place was excellent, but excellence comes with a price. If you want to be treated like you should be, this place wins a prize. Their service was exemplary. From a custom menu to amazing service to taste beyond expectation. Want a treat, come here.

stevebeckta, Owner at Beckta Dining & Wine, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Paul: Thanks for all of the kind words on Beckta. I know when ordering the tasting menu and wine parings it can add up past a normal dining experience, but I'm thrilled that you felt it was worthwhile for what you received. We would love to have you back for the same great service even for a simple night out ordering a-la-carte on a less special occasion.

With many thanks,

Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious & great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We totally enjoyed our experience at Bechta. We chose the surprise 8-course dinner and it was absolutely amazing. I can't for the life of me remember what the dishes were called for they had rather fancy names, but all were delicious. I would definitely suggest the surprise dinner for those who are adventurous with their food. The service was great, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Can't wait to go there again.

stevebeckta, Owner at Beckta Dining & Wine, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Dayung: Thank you very much for dining with us at Beckta recently, and for all of the great compliments. I can't wait to share them with our team. I'm really happy that you loved the tasting menu so much and hope I get a chance to welcome you back personally before too long.

All the best,

Ottawa, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Otown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Super service, great food options. We have been several times and I swear that this is by far the best place to eat in town. Don't miss it, and if it does not measure up, speak with Steve Beckta the owner. He will always make a big effort to make thing right.

Visited May 2012
“It is "That Good"!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I returned to Beckta after the previous disappointing visit which Mr. Beckta was aware of. Seems that Mr. Beckta takes feedback from his clients very seriously; we had quite a meal last night!

With warm greetings we were directed to our table in the front room, our preference. The service throughout the evening was very attentive and personal. We ordered “à la carte”. The appetizers of Carpaccio and Foie Gras were pure bliss. Special compliments to the Chef de Cuisine Katie and Sous Chef Richard for the main courses of New Brunswick Lobster and the Wellington County Beef, the lobster melting in your mouth, not the rubber usually served elsewhere, and the Beef requested ‘blue’ being served to perfection “once around the grill”, Beckta being one of only two establishment in my experience to get it right.

The knowledgeable server recommended wines, gave us a short description of each, a wine tasting session, and the perfect pairing was achieved.
We completed with the Caramel & Spice and “Like a box of chocolate” deserts, a very pleasant finish to the meal.

We did notice from our vintage point that the portions served to other clients were generous especially the cheese platter with its excellent selection of cheeses.

It is my opinion that Mr. Beckta shows a degree of respect and appreciation to his clientele by listening and reacting; that is unrivalled by no one else in the city.

We strongly believe that with continuing effort, Beckta will soon become the number one restaurant in the city. It is that good and priced fairly.

Not only we are now fans of Beckta, we have reservations for return visits.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
stevebeckta, Owner at Beckta Dining & Wine, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dar Pizzapie: Thanks so much for returning to Beckta for another meal. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much. I'm sorry that I didn't know ahead of time that you were coming back, so I'm even more thrilled that you had such a great night even without any special treatment. I appreciate you posting your review again as well and look forward to sharing it with the team.

With many thanks,

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Smart and funny servers, cool ambiance, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My group had a terrific time at Beckta. It's stylish and tasty, and when the servers saw that we were kidding around, they joined right in and added to the fun. All of us were impressed. I recommend it highly.

• Visited December 2012