“Satisfied customer!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Social

Social
537 Sussex Dr., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6Z6, Canada (Byward Market Area)
613-789-7355
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #290 of 2,149 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: French, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Byward Market Area
Cross street: George / York
Transit: There are public transit stops on Rideau street and at the Rideau Center (which is within walking distance).
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“Satisfied customer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good atmosphere, attentive service and with the food emphasis is on quality and presentation rather than stuffing you full with quantity.

Visited October 2013

Halifax, Canada
“Wow - Good - Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I go here a lot - Every time I get to Ottawa so maybe 10 times a year - even as staff turn over the place is always consistent in service and quality of food. Yes it is a top dollar meal but it is a very good one. It is a great place to hang out for drinks in the evening, and with a heritage building has a killer atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Referred and planning to go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Pricey but soooo worth it. I asked two shopkeepers where to go for a nice dinner (I told them I was treating myself and looking to drop ~$30-$50 on the meal) and both referred me to Social. Perfect service, for how pricey it was they did not mind I was in sneakers, jeans and a tank top and treated me just a well as any business-class person ( I also look like I'm 21, but I'm 27). I had the social platter with some wine, and loved everything on my plate. The wine was perfect and I'd like to go back for some wine and cheese before I leave the City! Check it out if you're tired of the same ol' places, like the Keg. My platter came with dishes of tuna, squid, duck tartar, and pigs cheek pasta (a new one for me, very tender and good).

Visited September 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent food, super friendly staff, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had a great dinner (short ribs). Very good service, good food, nice atmosphere. If I'm in Ottawa, I'll come back.

Visited August 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Large Group Left Entirely Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were a group of about 40 people last weekend and the service was amazing! The servers
kept accurate track of individual bar service and meals with no fuss. They served the meal correctly to the 6 people at our table and it was delicious! I had the pheasant with a sauce and
the potato leek soup to start. It was all so professionally done we were impressed. We will definitely return and maybe try an outside table next time to people watch.

• Visited September 2013