“Great place, too bad not more people know about it...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place, too bad not more people know about it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have been wanting to try this place for a while now and today lent itself;
Arriving just at the beginning of the lunch buffet at 1130;
I thought the place wasn't open as I was the only person there at the beginning. More patrons arrived soon after.
The interior is open, inviting, bright and accented by beautiful indian music and I was greeted by the waitress.
I was quickly offered water or any other drink and then proceeded to the food steam tables.
It is not the typical Asian lunch buffet with North American cuisine mixed in, but only authentic, delicious and fragrant dishes. Not many, but all so good !
The rice was delicious, along with the tandoori and butter chicken, beautifully seasoned and my ever favourite naan.
On the opposite side were some salads, fruit and traditional dessert.
I hope this place remains open as the food, atmosphere and price were great.
I will return for sure.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful space with great food. (Vegan reviewer)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I found this resto by accident at exactly the right time for slaking my hunger and my craving for this food. Was I ever lucky.

I came in while they were still preparing for the lunch buffet so I had time to enjoy the preparation of the food by smell before tasting their food.

There are a few vegan choices and they are very fresh tasting and not hot/spicy (which you can add).

The mini samosas are fabulous the spring rolls were kind of similar tasting.

I was the only diner through the whole meal so it was a bit strange but quiet!!

Ottawa
“Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We have been meaning to try this new neighbourhood restaurant, but when some Indian friends highly recommended it, it was the push we needed. We went on a Sunday evening around 7, and there were only 2 other tables occupied. The lunch buffet must be the busy time. The decor is lovely - a fine job had been done in renovating this former retail space.

We tried a lovely spiced chicken dish, along with lamb roganjosh, raita, naan and rice. Everything was fresh and hot. We will need to go back soon for the lunchtime buffet (11:30 - 2:00 M-F; 12:00- 2:30 weekends) so that we can sample more tasty food here! Highly recommend.

Visited May 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“First Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a new Restaurant and has been open for only a few weeks.

The first plus is that there is free parking!! The restaurant is quite large and is well decorated. White table cloths and napkins add to the ambiance as does the music.
We started our meal with Papadum which was rolled instead of being flat as we are accustomed. I had the Chicken Chettinad and my wife had the Tandoori Prawns, both were excellent. (both were a bit spicy as we like it) In addition we had Pepper Nan, Burani Riata, and Rice. All the food was excellent.

Large portions and reasonable prices added too our enjoyment.

• Visited March 2014