“Very Different” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Ottawa Downtown

You added Hotel Indigo Ottawa Downtown to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Ottawa Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5L9 , Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
West Yorkshire
“Very Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This Hotel we only stayed one night and I wish it had being more, the Bedrooms were very unusual
as the paper on the walls was like cable stitch with knitting, but somehow it gave a warmth to the room. the rooms were great the staff friendly no complaints at all, this was our last stop before we went over to USA and Vermont.

Room Tip: We were with a Tour and everybody commented on how nice the rooms were, so it seemed they were all e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Indigo08, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with Hotel Indigo. The comments from our guests lets us know when we are doing something right and where were need to improve.

I see that you were part of a tour so you probably didn't choose to stay here but I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as did others with our tour group. We have four different murals in our guest rooms but the cable knit sweater is my favourite, especially this time of year when there is a chill in the air!

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again at Hotel Indigo!

Kim Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I spent one night here when I first arrived in Ottawa for work for a week. Sadly, work arranged for me to stay elsewhere during the week, but I was so happy to be able to stay here for even one night. This was my second stay here (first being in 2009) and I was again incredibly happy. Originally, this place had been recommended to me in 2009 from a Government of Canada worker who said they always put up out of town visitors there. And I can see why. The place is clean, neat and professional. Hands down one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Bathrooms are fantastic (I'm so picky about hotel bathrooms) and I love that the floors are hardwood! The price is good and even better for those with a CAA card. It could only be better if breakfast was included. And for some reason (can't remember why), there was no wifi in my room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with Hotel Indigo on TripAdvisor. The feedback from our guests allows us to continuously improve upon our product and service.

I'm happy to read how much you enjoy our hotel and am only sorry to see that you weren't able to stay here for your entire stay in Ottawa! Hopefully next time you will be able to convince your company to book you into our hotel for the entire week!

Good news - we now have wireless internet in all of our guest rooms as well as the public spaces!

We hope to see you back on your next visit to our neighbourhood!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel indigo is a great place to stay while traveling to Ottawa, On. The location is great as it is close to all the great places to see in Ottawa as well as a short 30 minute bus ride to the airport. The service levels and amenities go above and beyond what you could expect and they earn their 5 star rating day in and day out. I will definitely stay here anytime I'm back in the city!

Room Tip: Get the breakfast!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent stay in Ottawa and for letting us know how we are doing by sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to read how much you enjoy your stay with us and our neigbourhood. And we will look forward to seeing you back on your next visit to Ottawa!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a tremendous value. A beautiful boutique hotel in the downtown core of Ottawa where you can get a large room, huge bed and beautiful hardwood floors. Large shower and closet. A good restaurant and bar.

Sparta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Apart from the difficulty parking, my friend & I enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly & very helpful, especially the servers in the Bistro cafe. We could easily walk to the Parliament Buildings, Art Gallery etc. & did not need to use our car. Our room was clean & tastefully decorated, & we enjoyed the use of the pool as well. We also enjoyed using the large foyer lounge which has local newspapers available to read, & nice groupings of arm chairs & sofas for the use of hotel guests. The design of the hotel is welcoming, & we enjoyed the fact that it only has 6 floors, built in a square formation, so the rooms are not too far to reach from the elevators.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from the elevators & ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my second stay at Hotel Indigo. In reading some of the reviews, I'm glad I didn't have to park there. In terms of the view onto an office building, I agree it isn't the most pleasant either, but this is commonplace in downtown hotels. I also concur that breakfast could be better. Why does any restaurant use powdered hollandaise sauce for its Eggs Benedict??? It tastes terrible. A place like the Indigo that purports to be a boutique hotel should use the real thing. Charge a couple $$ more and give us the real stuff, or don't put it on the menu.

Overall though, I would stay at the Indigo again. That said, I'd have to remember to bring a pair of gloves to use the business centre. The keyboard on the desktop I used clearly had not been cleaned in ages. It's a small thing, but it was pretty gross.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo for your recent trips to Ottawa and for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

I have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping department with regards to the business centre as well with our Food & Beverage Director regarding the Eggs Benedict. Your feedback provides us an opportunity to improve on these things and to get it right next time.

I am happy to see you would stay with us again and we look forward to inviting you back on your next visit to our neighbourhood.

Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had pretty high expectations for this place after reading the reviews. The parking is pretty obscure. The room was not overly clean (the airvent in the bathroom was encrusted in dust)and there is no fridge or safe. As well, there is a lot of hallway noise that can be heard in the room. It is a little far down Metcalfe, if I went back to Ottawa, I would stay closer to Byward. The front desk staff was not very helpful when we ask for a recommendation for a restaurant in Little Italy (response was a grossed out face, followed by "I don't go down there". And I had got a rate for the room and breakfast, which turned out to be a $10 credit/person at the restaurant, meaning that I was out of pocket to cover breakfast. Overall disappointing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Ottawa Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear 2travelingbugs,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Hotel Indigo Ottawa Downtown? Share your experiences!