“Very charming Bed and Breakfast! And best breakfast we've ever had!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
28 Carlotta Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1L 6S6, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 55 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Very charming Bed and Breakfast! And best breakfast we've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went there for 2 nights with my boyfriend in July 2012. We chose this bed and breakfast because all the reviews were excellent,,,and we know why!
Cynthia and Paul were just adorable: we've been served like kings! The room (the green one) was huge, clean, and so well decorated!
When we woke up the first morning, we could smell from our room the homemade muffins that Cynthia had prepared for our breakfast. The breakfast was so fabulous, everything was homemade and freshly prepared. The second morning, we had the chance to take our breakfast outside, on their terrace behind their house. It was just magic.

We do highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast which is besides ideally located in the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
São Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Shirley Samantha's for two nights in May (Maple Tree room). We had never stayed at a B&B before, but because Shirley Samantha's had great reviews in TripAdvisor, we decided to stay there rather than renting an apartment.

However great reviews the other travelers had already submitted to TripAdvisor, it is better still! Cynthia and Paul were always kind and helpful, and they took care of every single detail to make our stay pleasant and remarkable.

We arrived in Ottawa by train and it took only about 5 minutes to get to the B&B by cab. We were welcomed by our hosts, Cynthia and Paul, who showed us our room and the adjoining room where there were homemade cookies, pops in the fridge and lots of leaflets with tourism information and bus itineraries.

Breakfasts were simply the best we have ever had. Everything was homemade and served in a very charming atmosphere. When we booked (by e-mail) Cynthia asked us if we had any special dietary requirements or any preferences.

Their place was absolutely clean, neat and very well kept. It is also very well located. It takes only a 20-minutes walk to get to the Byward Market and other tourist attractions. There is also a bus stop nearby.

When we were going back to the train station, we decided to walk (about 20 minutes) and Paul gave us the directions.

Staying at Shirley Samantha's was definitely a wonderful experience. Cynthia and Paul were absolutely great! We would surely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on our vacation in Ottawa. The hosts, Cynthia & Paul, are very friendly and welcoming, and have a very lovely home. We stayed in the Crab Apple Room, and while the room does not have an ensuite, there is a private bathroom just a couple of steps across the hall. They even supply bath robes. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The delicious breakfasts provided were some of the best I have ever had. The B&B is within a short walk to bus stops, which will take you into the city centre in about 10 minutes. I would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruxelles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have been travelling a lot these years and stayed in many places, but Shirley Samantha's B&B is one of the best experiences I have ever had! Location is good, it's not in the city centre but there is a bus stop nearby that takes you to the centre in 10mins. There is also a supermarket just nearby (in case you need to buy some food) and the river is over there, so nice to have a walk.The room is very beautiful, with a very nice decoration, clean and comfortable. There is a room with cookies and beverages available for the guests plus several interesting books. There is no TV but it is part of the charme of the place, so quiet and relaxing! Everything is perfect, so charming and very well organized in each detail!
The breakfast is simply amazing! The owners, Cynthia and Paul, prepare special recipes every day, breakfast time has never been so delicious and enjoyable. The owners are wonderful, a very kind and helpful couple, they did all possible to assist me during my trip.
My trip in Ottawa will be always in my mind also thanks to this B&B, one of the best experiences that I suggest to everybody.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

this B&B was wonderful, the hosts as nice and helpful as could be, and the breakfasts plentiful and delicious. The room was lovely and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've never stayed at a B&B before and was somewhat scared, but I LOVED my stay at Shirley Samantha's. The house was really clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. But most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING! Cynthia is a fantastic cook. She made the greatest zucchini chocolate chip muffins, buttermilk scones, and egg o'muffin! I loved the cookies in the study as well. Cynthia was very accomodating to my diet and made delicious lactose-free cookies for me! The next time I'm in Ottawa, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Having two daughters at University in Ottawa over the past ten years, I have made the trip down the 401 from Mississauga many times. This past summer was the first time I stayed in a B&B. As I was looking for accomodations downtown, it never occured to me to seek a B&B. My partner and I were thrilled! The home (although unassuming from the street) was delightful. We stayed in the room with seperate private bath. All our needs were attended to from internet access to cold drinks and cookies. Cynthia was quite interested in our latest hobby geocaching and helped up navigate to my daughter's place with ease. We stayed two nights and each breakfast was a sheer delight. We shared our morning meal ourdoors the first day with a young couple from Germany and the second morning we ate inside with French guests. A delightful experience - one that will require us to return on our next trek through the city!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!