“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast

You added Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   28 Carlotta Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1L 6S6, Canada   |
Special Deal
Free gourmet breakfast
Ranked #9 of 59 Ottawa B&B and Inns
NJ
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

this B&B was wonderful, the hosts as nice and helpful as could be, and the breakfasts plentiful and delicious. The room was lovely and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've never stayed at a B&B before and was somewhat scared, but I LOVED my stay at Shirley Samantha's. The house was really clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. But most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING! Cynthia is a fantastic cook. She made the greatest zucchini chocolate chip muffins, buttermilk scones, and egg o'muffin! I loved the cookies in the study as well. Cynthia was very accomodating to my diet and made delicious lactose-free cookies for me! The next time I'm in Ottawa, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Having two daughters at University in Ottawa over the past ten years, I have made the trip down the 401 from Mississauga many times. This past summer was the first time I stayed in a B&B. As I was looking for accomodations downtown, it never occured to me to seek a B&B. My partner and I were thrilled! The home (although unassuming from the street) was delightful. We stayed in the room with seperate private bath. All our needs were attended to from internet access to cold drinks and cookies. Cynthia was quite interested in our latest hobby geocaching and helped up navigate to my daughter's place with ease. We stayed two nights and each breakfast was a sheer delight. We shared our morning meal ourdoors the first day with a young couple from Germany and the second morning we ate inside with French guests. A delightful experience - one that will require us to return on our next trek through the city!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have nothing bad to say about Cynthia and her B&B. My wife, my 8-mth son and I stayed two nights in the bigger room with private shower. The room is very spacious and still has enough space after we put in a foldable crib. The house is well furnished and decorated, and very clean - spotless! Cynthia made us so comfortable and felt at home. Cynthia entertained my 8-mth baby during breakfast and he loves her reponding with lots smiles! This B&B definitely is family friendly. As many other reviewers already mentioned, Cynthia's culinary skills are superb. She cooks the best breakfast - both tastes and looks awesome, better than many 5-star hotels. For the price you pay, you get the best value!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Shirley Samantha's exceeded my expectations in every way. I felt pampered because Cynthia had thought of everything I could possibly need & more--the cookies were awesome! This is my idea of what a small b&b should be, & the short bus ride to downtown & Parliament Hill turned out to be easy.

Room Tip: Crabapple Room with hall bathroom make an excellent bargain.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

From the outside this B&B looks a little inconspicuous and there is just a little tripadvisor sign in the door window indicating that this must be the B&B you are looking for. But the inside is really awesome.

It is an elegant furnished housed with big and very comfortable guestrooms. Everywhere in the house you’ll find interesting art objects. Cynthia is a very well-educated and sympathic woman which you’ll find in the kitchen most of the time. This is probably the reason why she is such an excellent cook. Her breakfast is really really delicious (yes, one really was not enough)!

I think no four star hotel – neither the rooms, nor the cooking – can compete with Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast. I travel frequently, but up to know didn’t find a comparable B&B. If I should ever visit Ottawa again, I’ll definitively stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

As part of a driving trip around Canada, we stayed 2 nights here to see Ottawa and was very pleased with our stay. In total we stayed at 7 different B&Bs across Canada and this one was definitely the best overall. Very comfortable room, friendly hosts, great location for seeing the city, clean and excellent value for money for the service we received.

As for the food, simply excellent. It's so easy for a lot of B&Bs to give you bread and let you get one with your own breakfast, but the food (several courses) we were brought (literally served to us) was fantastic! Very well presented, great variety, and delicious. Being vegetarian wasn't a problem either.

If you want to stay at a B&B in Ottawa (or even at a hotel), you won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!