“Ok place but lacks character” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #941 of 2,142 restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: British, Canadian
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ok place but lacks character”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

What I liked was the good selection of on-tap beers. Also the staff were friendly. The place is too large to be considered a good after work bar. Unlike the other Oaks in Ottawa which have more charm.

Visited October 2013

37% Recommend
Winnipeg
“Yummy and a Fun Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A very busy place because of the location but fortunately we didn't have to wait for a table. We were in and out in less than 45 minutes. Our lunches and nearby lunches looked fantastic. Looks like they have many beers on tap. A fun pub and probably an even more fun place in the evening.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, ON
“very busy place due to location by the big teapot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place is in the bottom of an office tower, very close to lots of other buildings and right on the bus route. I got there 20 minutes too early so I went inside to see if any of my friends were there yet. I asked the hostess if I could take a look. Her response was something like "that's what they all say" (implying that I was just in there to use the restroom, I think.) Another man pointed me at the bathroom too! I didn't see my friends so I went back outside and came back in later.

Food: same old Royal Oak stuff. i had fajita wrap and tomato soup. Average food, nothing super duper but it is a convenient place to meet people and you can usually find something to eat. There is a picture of a veggie wrap inside the menu - you can't order it. It does not exist.

• Visited August 2013