“Incredible Indian cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Incredible Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a hard time choosing resto for lunch at the area which is full of different types of cuisines for tourists- the average price is not pleasant if you wanna a simple but nice one. We chose Rasam for a lunch special at$10. The food was unexpectedly good. Lamb curry and daal makhani on rice and naan. The meal was quite tasty, rich flavor, so Indian. Extra naan cost $2.
Comfortable place. Great service.
No alcohol.

• Visited October 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Great indian food in a foreign land”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am a vegetarian and finding vegetarian food is next to impossible in countries other than India. But going to Rasam changed everything I had the most delightful meal in a long time and my son and husband loved there butter chicken and chicken tikka masala. i would highly recommend it for all those seeking to have flavours of india in ottawa
thanxs

• Visited October 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Best butter chicken ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm From BC and have had my share of Indian food and Rasam serves the best quality. I had the butter chicken and it was different from how it usually tastes to me, it was sweeter and I preferred this recipe. My friend had the saag paneer and Daal, I had some and they were both perfectly spiced. The portion sizes were generous but not overly so. I sometimes find indian food can be heavy, but the food at Rasam was rich instead of overbearing. I think I've found my go to for Indian in Ottawa.

• Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Got served somebody's leftovers!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

No food in the fridge so went for take-out and saw a good deal at Rasam on Clarence:

*SPECIAL*
Butter chicken
Eggplant curry
rice (or quinoa? pretty weird)
onion bhaji
naan

for 15 bucks all in. The waitress was really friendly — said they had just opened. After 2 mins she came back with my food: "actually they had one ready, so here you go… Fastest take-out ever eh?" (Canadians)

"Wow, thanks!" I said. "Keep the change".

Back home and: no onion bhaji. Also, the portions were all REALLY small (literally 3 spoonfuls of eggplant curry; and three quarters of a naan).

And then I saw that the naan had butter chicken on it. And the butter chicken had rice in it. And the eggplant curry had rice in it. And the rice had… Everything in it.

Not a problem cos I always mix my food. But I honestly can't think of any explanation except that someone didn't finish their special, and the chef just scraped their plate into my take-out cartons.

Actually despite my middle-class outrage, I was so hungry, I just ate it. It was delicious.

But I was annoyed enough to post this.

Good luck to Rasam, but they really need to not serve up second-hand food.

• Visited September 2013