“Great location for team stays!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 67 hotels in Ottawa
Sudbury, Canada
“Great location for team stays!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hi Lee: I just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for making our weekend stay really great. The use of your common room for our team dinners was so helpful. The breakfasts were super and again Thank-you for having your staff get the Sunday breakfast out early for us, it went a long way in getting our team ready to race and we did super at the meet. All of your staff was very accommodating and kind, if you would communicate our Thanks to them it would be appreciated. The accommodations were fantastic and the kids loved the big beautiful rooms .

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I travel for business very often and I'm not one to write on here but this time I am making an exception. Beyond being a very clean and spacious hotel with very comfortable beds what prompted me to wrtie my impressions was the great professionalism and courtesy of the front desk staff. I have been greeted and received assisted by many front desk staff members in my travellings but I have never had such a warm and heartfelt welcome. I don't normally notice names of front desk staff but in this case I made a mental note of it and her name was Erica (not sure if spelling is correct) This was by far the best courteous service I have ever had in a hotel for a very long time. She was so amazing and it made my day. As I was getting ready to leave my room in the morning even the cleaning lady greeted me with a smile. I definitely recommend this hotel so you can experience yourself how the staff makes you feel so warmly welcomed. I will definitely be back next time I'm on business in Ottawa. Thanks for a great stay !

Room Tip: Very comfy beds
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was a dark and stormy night with the wind whipping around the snow. We arrived for a overnight before going to the airport.

The hotel is only 4 week old and in perfect condition. On arrival we booked our morning airport shuttle and wakeup call. Since we had such an early departure we were going miss breakfast. They receptionist (Richard I think) offered to make us a boxed breakfast for the morning. - What a nice gesture especially since we are traveling with a 4 year old.

The next morning our shuttle was warmed up and ready to go. derive to the airport was very friendly.

We paid to keep our car there for the week. what a great idea, they have covered parking which will save us digging out our car when we return.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

On arrival we found parking is under the front outdoor entrance parking lot and not secure and also very open to the environment where snow and freezing rain blows in on one’s vehicle even though the vehicle initially appears to be parked underground.

Two elevators are required to reach ones room from the parking garage with the first one from parking lot to the front entrance and then a walk thought the lobby to the 2nd elevator.

We have stayed here twice, once in king suite and once in a one bedroom suite

The regular king suite is a bit on the small side but suitable for a short business or couples stay – The one bedroom suite is designed well for families in that the washroom is outside of the bedroom a convenience appreciated but not often part of older Residence Inns.

Both rooms were furnished in the latest Residence Inn newest eclectic furniture style which while it looks great from a visible perspective, it is however not that comfortable or functional to sit on for any length of time. The couch is hard and very un-comfortable and even with pillows it is extremely difficult to find a relaxing lounging position. The desk is situated to look out the window and does not even face the TV as in previous designs. The desk chair does not relax back from 90 degrees and is extremely uncomfortable to sit at for any length of time.

The TV’s in the suites have full HD and a good variety of channels, however in the one bedroom suite we had, the TV was placed away in an empty corner of the main room and hung on the wall which was not even in front of or even aligned to the couch making the viewing angle such that it was impossible to concentrate or even view the picture.

There is only one thermostat in the one bedroom however the bedroom was hot and the main room cold something which we found somewhat of an inconvenience on a very cold night.

While the property may have little control over furnishings specified by Marriott the staff on the other hand are faultless, always ready to help and very friendly.

In particular the breakfast staffs were ‘awesome’ constantly restocking and attending to the customers always greeting new arrivals with a smile and ready to help with being asked.

While we did not use the pool or the fitness center both appeared attractive and the fitness center had a nice assortment of new equipment.

Most certainly we would consider staying here again and hopefully the property and Marriott can correct some of the ‘comfort and parking issues’ that come with a New property.

Tecumseh, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at your well appointed facility from Dec 27-30 inclusive and were blown away by your facility and caring staff. We were welcomed by Jocelyn upon check in and were made to feel at home with plenty of information, tips and good conversation. Upon hearing our rapport another staff even came over to introduce himself on his own. (Personal greetings go a long way) When we went to our room my kids loved the look and feel of the non traditional layout with a great working station for all of our computers, iPads, iPods and cell phones. When returning after dinner we once again we're greeted by Jocelyn and introduced to Erika her co-worker. As a person who travels for work as well as two weekends a month for competitive swimming the breakfast area is important. Once again we were blown away with the variety, quality and facility as well as a very friendly staff there to help with your every need. I can honestly say you have a client for life and with family and friends in Ottawa I plan on being back soon.

Room Tip: Simply let the well educated staff advise you regarding your room type as you will not be disappoint...
Iqaluit, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I stayed here during the holidays. It was very clean and well looked after. The staff were attentive and always pleasant. The rooms are nice with a separate living room/kitchen and bedroom. The hotel is also nice and quiet. The breakfasts were wonderful, you could get anything from waffles to scrambled eggs and oatmeal. We were also able to pick up breakfast and eat in our rooms which was helpful especially travelling with two young children. There is also a Shoppers Drug Mart next to it so if you need anything it's right there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Ottawa who wants the comforts of home.

Kemptville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We booked into the Residence Inn to escape a forthcoming storm. I needed to be at The General Hospital early the next morning.
We found the hotel to be very welcoming, our room was clean and lovely. A lovely escape from a stormy winter night!
Breakfast was very good, not the usual "included" breakfast, coffee was great!

Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Ottawa Airport? Share your experiences!