“New go-to burger joint!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Ottawa
“New go-to burger joint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Friends of mine brought me to Beech St. Burger today - they had tried it the week before, and insisted that I eat there too. I was so pleased with the place, and as long as it doesn't change too much, I know it will become a regular spot for me and my friends.
I had the basic baby Beech St. Burger (the baby is one patty, but it's a good size for lunch), as did one friend. The other friend had the Capone burger, which is a sausage meat , and was very happy with it. We also ordered fries, onion rings, and poutine to share between us (the poutine ended up going home with them). Everything was well cooked, the meat wasn't dry, the fries were great, poutine was piping hot, onion rings good too. (They have started toasting the buns on the flattop)

It's not a big spot, but it moves pretty quickly. The prices are excellent, and the service terrific.

You can check out the menu at http://www.beechstburger.com/.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Home To The Flat Top Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Even with the rain we decided to stop by. We arrived to no wait and our food was promptly cooked up. Nice guy at the helm that we chatted up. He watches the food network so they are open to suggestions on new creations. I ordered up the Beech St burger with bacon and cheese along with a baby poutine. Some good crust going on with a good sized patty. By the way you get two patty's so this is a filling burger. Lightly seasoned local beef from Lavern's my only gripe would be to toast those buns on the flattop for that extra crunch. Poutine had adequate cheese to fry gravy ratio. The gravy is vegetarian so it will appeal to everyone and was pretty good even for this carnivore. There was a new offering The Capone that will have to be sampled next time in. Seems they are doing a sausage mixture a little more on the spicy side I was told. $25 and two can dine and be satisfied. A rare thing in Ottawa where a burger meal can get up to $40 at the fancier places.

• Visited July 2013