“Delicious food and great owners/staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #489 of 2,142 restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Ottawa, ON
“Delicious food and great owners/staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were frequent visitors of the previous restaurant at this location, and recently read online that a new restaurant was taking it's place.
Disappointed at the loss of one of our favorite restaurants, we were still curious about what had come in it's place, and I am glad that we decided to give Wei's Noodle House a go.
The staff that we encountered were incredibly personable and friendly, and the food was very flavorful and delicious. The menu is flexible, too, which is nice. Unlike many other places I've visited, the BBQ chicken, beef, and shrimp were cooked perfectly. I'm not sure what sort of sauce they were cooked in, but it kept all of the aforementioned juicy and tender.
The waiter that served us (Hi, Regan!) mentioned that they had just opened up the week before, and many of the locations previous regulars were hesitant to try this new spot and give it a chance - and to those people, I say "GO! Give it a try! You won't be disappointed!"
The chef (Wei Yu) even came out to say hello to us before we left, and asked us how we enjoyed our meal.. it was a nice touch!
And if the food wasn't enough to entice me and my friend to return, a story: Once we had paid, we left, and my partner and I were walking down Somerset, when we heard our new friend Regan calling after us. We turned, and saw him running toward us with my boyfriends cellphone in hand. He had forgotten it under a napkin on our table! What Regan doesn't know is that this particular phone was just purchased last week...! Losing it would have been an incredibly disappointing loss, and we are so very thankful and impressed that this young man went out of his way to ensure that it fell back into our hands.
That's the sort of service that you just don't get anymore... We will absolutely be returning for some more delicious vermicelli and I'm looking forward to trying one of their vast selection of noodle soups.
- L and T