“CAN"T BELIEVE THE BAD SERVICE!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,015 of 2,224 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Pub
Ottawa Canada
“CAN"T BELIEVE THE BAD SERVICE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I live on the Canal In Ottawa near the barley mow on Bank street but seldom frequent it as the food seems to have gone down hill over the years.. Each time I've been there I've wondered why I went back. Today my food took over an hour to be served.. Simple fish and chips.. I told the waitress that it took longer than I'm used to (after she inquired) ..she the argued with me saying it didn't take that long (which it did).. In an aggressive tone she said she's been serving there for over 15 years and she's only once had a complaint from another customer. I told her it would be best if she stopped arguing and just consider our comments as we are the customers.. She then Used the F-bomb and asked us to leave after we paid our bill. She then ran out onto the street and apologized.
Summary: Lousy food incredibly bad service. In the end some man from the front side of the bar served us our food as the waitress was busy talking to people outside. What an experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

gatineau
“Nice pub menu and good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had lunch there and the special of the day was a hot turkey sandwich. The gravy was delicious - I think it was all the savoury that made it so tasty. For a nice change they served it with mashed potatoes instead of fries and there was lots of the great gravy on the potatoes. Service was friendly and efficient. My friend had the smoked salmon platter and she enjoyed it as well. Quite an extensive menu to choose from. My special of the day was only $10.00 and it was a bargain,

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Such a Fun pub, lots of nice people there, really good food. had nice dinner and a pint, Good Service!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great neighbourhood pub, with good selection of beer and excellent food. Highly recommend the steak frite or the burgers. Service is always positive and friendly.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This used to be one of the better pubs in Ottawa, with not bad pub-style food. But, perhaps as a result of its popularity and therefore a growing sense among the staff that they didn't have to put in much effort to keep the place full, it has declined of late. It stays popular with its regulars, seemingly, but makes no effort to put itself out for chance customers. The regulars propping up the bar seem to be primarily friends of the manager, and it's no longer the relaxed place for a family meal that it used to be. For what it is, it is now overpriced and under-welcoming. I shan't be hurrying back there. For a more friendly place, with a more genuinely pub-like atmosphere, and better food, try Quinn's just next door across the side street that separates them.

• Visited January 2013