“4 Absurdly Expensive Pieces of Junk Food...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“4 Absurdly Expensive Pieces of Junk Food...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Had the (Sea Scallops A~ Flavor : Sweet, nut-like Flesh : Lean, firm, tender ~ $22, DESCRIPTION OF PLATE: (FOUR LOONY SIZE COLD GRILLED SCALPS ACCOMPANIED WITH OFF THE SHELF COCKTAIL SAUCE, 1 TABLE SPOON OF CREAMY COLESLAW, AND A HAND FULL OF MCCAIN FRENCH FRIES) and my wife had (Haddock A~ Flavor : Delicate Flesh : Firm, large flake ~SM $14) ACCOMPANIED WITH OFF THE SHELF COCKTAIL SAUCE, 1 TABLE SPOON OF CREAMY COLESLAW, AND A HAND FULL OF MCCAIN FRENCH FRIES). Luckily we were hungry and tolerated; quality does not justify the price. Low end pub or fast food quality, stay away from a total rip-off.... 2 glasses of Chardonnay and the total bill of $ 70.00 to digest... On the upside the server was very accommodating...

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Fish and chips choices were very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had pickerel, my mom haddock and my wife tilapia. All cooked perfectly cripsy batter juicy fish. I had the market salad instead of "chips", my mom the greek salad. Only my wife had the chips. Both salads were fresh and crispy. We did not try the deserts but the selection looked terrific.

• Visited June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Service, Good Food, Huge Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had dinner with the family here Thursday night at 6p. Service was very nice and everyone welcoming. Nice choices on the menu. Rolls brought to the table were piping hot from the oven and delicious. The deep fried zucchini was insanely amazing! New England clam chowder was perfect... hot hot hot and delish. Crab cakes were huge and delicious. Had oysters, and this was perhaps the only slightly disappointment. Whoever shucked the oysters ended up getting shell in the meat which made for some awkward mouthfuls, and also several had the meat rather shredded, and finally, I prefer a traditional Mignonette sauce - however these came only with hot sauce (which I reserve for Mexican), shrimp cocktail sauce (which I reserve for shrimp) and horse radish (which I reserve for roast beef)... If I had either perfect shucked oysters OR the Mignonette sauce I probably would have let the oyster issue go.
I would have no qualms going back for dinner any time - I just now know to skip the oysters here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Both my husband and I immensely enjoyed the fried calamari appetizer which was so big that the two of us could not finish it, as well as our main dishes of fish pasta and barramundi. Both the atmosphere and the service were very pleasant. It was excellent value.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A very decent dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family went with my dad and his wife who both like fish but not too fancy so it worked out well. A couple of really good chowders to start. Our oldest had the fish and chips which were really well prepared (in spite of other reviewers complaints the dish he got was good). I'd say they need some shorter cooking times with some of the sweeter fishes as they were overdone. Sides were fine. Seems difficult to find a really stellar fish restaurant in Ottawa although there certainly are lots of places with wider ranging menus that prepare good fish and seafood. For a simple family outing would recommend but keep your expectations in check . . .

• Visited December 2013