“Best of Orléans” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Best of Orléans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We keep coming back to this restaurant. It is quint and food is delicious. We enjoy haing a meal with our friends. If only it would serve meals past 10 PM. We would come here for after concerts at the NAC.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sandra M, Owner at St. Martha's Brasserie, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad you enjoy your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ottawa, Canada
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is one of my favourite restaurants. Good fresh food. Good variety to
choose from. A nice change from the usual chain restaurants. Reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandra M, Owner at St. Martha's Brasserie, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi there and thank you for your kind words. I am delighted to pass them on to our staff!
Kind regards
Sandra MacInnis
Stittsville, Canada
“Ottawa east end secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had friends who raved about this place and it was worth the drive. The layout of the restaurant is great for the size. There is a bar in front of the chefs so you can see what is being cooked. The tables are tightly packed together but this adds to the ambience. Service was great but not rushed.
The food was amazing. We had the Laverne pizza And the lean hamburger with frites. Both dishes were done perfectly.
They have a great selection of craft beers including some seasonal ones that were worth a taste. A small but good variety of wine selections.
This is a wonderful spot but you need reservations

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandra M, Owner at St. Martha's Brasserie, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that we delivered on our mission - Good Food, served well.
Kind regards,
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Little Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went here on a whim, no reservation, on a recent Wednesday night. It is a small place and even though we were there early, it was quite full already. We were fortunate to be seated at the "Chef's Table".
The menu is eclectic, from moules frites and confit des canard to burger and fries and pizza. Being seated at the Chefs Table we were able to watch the preparation of all of them and they all looked very good.The Chef was one of the owners and was very busy, but meticulous.
Our meals were just terrific and the prep was explained to us by the Chef. We had the petoncles (scallops) and they were perfectly cooked and excellently presented and, the special of the day was stuffed saddle of rabbit, also excellent. A small, but well selected wine list is offered as well.
It was a real treat to be seated where we were, you could really get a feel of the goings on in a busy kitchen. I did notice that the plates the servers were bringing back to the kitchen were all empty...a very good sign of the quality of the food indeed, the patrons ate it all LOL.
We will return but, we will make reservations to make sure we get a seat.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us! I look forward to hosting you again!
Kind regards,
Ottawa
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I went a couple of weeks ago on a rare kid-free Friday night; when we arrived, we were politely asked if we had a reservation. We did not, so the gentleman offered to seat us at the bar. My initial reaction was to say no thank you and go somewhere else, but my husband suggested we try the bar. What a great pleasure to have been served by Dan at the bar. He recommended some wonderful wine to go with our meal, and was extremely attentive. The meal was incredible; my husband ordered the duck (I was hesitant, because all the duck I have ever tasted has been very salty), and he gave me a bite -- it was wonderful, not salty at all. I had the pasta with scallops, and it was done to perfection. We shared the apple crumble for dessert and it was perfect for 2. We have recommended this restaurant to family and friends, and we can't wait to get rid of the kids for another beautiful evening out at St. Martha's!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandra M, Owner at St. Martha's Brasserie, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Hi there and thank you so much for your review. I will make a point of thanking Dan on your behalf and ours as he has truly lived up to our mission: Good food. Served well. Our little place is our personal passion and we endeavour to provide all of our comments with this experience. I am very glad we met your expectations and thank you for sharing your appreciation.

Kind regards