“Best ice cream I have had in a while!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lois 'n' Frima's Ice cream

Lois 'n' Frima's Ice cream
ByWard Market. 71 George Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 1K1, Canada (Formerly Lois N Frima's Homemade Ice cream)
613-720-7707
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #759 of 2,223 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Dessert
Ottawa, Canada
“Best ice cream I have had in a while!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Lois n Frimas is conveniently(?) located in the Byward Market next to Beavertails, and if you are looking for hot dogs or ice cream worthy of your limited cheat days or points, I recommend them highly!

I am currently a fan of their Bear Claw flavour ice cream, and if chocolate is your thing, keep reading. This particular chocolate flavour is a deeply dark and rich chocolate containing crunchy bits that are small enough to be not too sweet yet large enough to be a special treat if you like your ice cream to contain crunchy sweets :)

You can have your ice cream in cones, bowls ranging from VERY TINY to large, or even in 500-mL or 1-L take home containers.

They will also let you sample any flavour before buying. You may tip the servers, which I both suggest any always do, they are always helpful and smiling and probably poor students!

Cheers and thanks, I will be back on my next cheat day! (diet cheat of course)...

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Collingwood, Canada
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The swirl is my favourite. They also gave us a free container full of ice cream when they needed to clean out the machine. Friendly service.

Visited May 2013