“Fresh, tasty and good value.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #676 of 2,218 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Ottawa, Canada
“Fresh, tasty and good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Read reviews on Burrito Borracho from Cheap Eats Ottawa and was inspired to try it out. Had lunch there and was impressed with the freshness, flavour and presentation of the food. Simple, plain good Mexican fare. I had the fish tacos and my associate had the chicken burritos. We both enjoyed our respective meals! It is a small, rustic restaurant with a little patio that we enjoyed our lunch on while sitting in the sunshine. The service was very responsive. It was a very nice lunch and reasonably priced at $24 CAD. They have daily specials which are very well priced, today's was pull pork tortas (a Mexican style pulled pork sandwich) for $5 CAD! Hard to beat that price.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“A bit of variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This restaurant is newer as it is replacing one that was there for a while. So, we can forgive some growing pains.

I went there with some colleagues, the food was good and fresh, the variety acceptable and the waiting staff fine.

It tends to be a bit better than most others in the city, although there seems to be less mexican than in the past.

Good for when you need to tame that craving for mexican food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gatineau, Canada
“Went for my birthday - wouldn't go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The food wasn't bad - just boring. The meat portion was decent, but the sides and condiments were skimpy and bland. I usually go to Ahora's and only went here to try it out. I later felt regretful that I hadn't gone to my tried and tested spot. Won't be going again.

• Visited March 2012