“Excellent in all Categories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Business Inn & Suites

You added The Business Inn & Suites to your Saves list
The Business Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   180 MacLaren Street | at Elgin, Ottawa, Ontario K2P0L3, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto
“Excellent in all Categories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night during Winterlude. The rooms are enormous, clean, and comfortable. A Computer, free internet, and printer are provided.
Having a kitchen stocked with pots, pans, dishes etc. is a real money saving bonus. A free continental breakfast was included, and although there wasn't a restaurant , there were many to choose from on the same block.
The location was nice, but if you are spending a lot of time sight seeing downtown, you might want to be slightly closer to the core of the city.

Great value for the price!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I really can't say enough good things about my recent stay at the Business Inn in Ottawa - it was everything I needed and more!

I stayed in a studio suite for two nights. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and it is situated in a convenient downtown location. There are so many things included here that I can't list them all, but here are some highlights:
- fully equipped kitchen (including wine opener & wine glasses, casserole dishes, cutting board, can openers, pots, and more)
- in room computer with printer & paper and high speed internet (as well as free wireless if you want to use your own computer)
- free laundry with supplied detergent
- free continental breakfast (better than the usual continental breakfast - lots of options and everything fresh)
- clothing steamer available upon request (iron & ironing board standard in every room)
- nice Neutrogena bath products

All this for a very reasonable price; I paid $107/night which I think is excellent value for what you get here. I highly recommend the Business Inn in Ottawa and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

In 25 years staying fairly regularly in hotels as part of my job I think the Business Inn Ottawa provides the best value for money I have experienced. For £58 a night I got a big suite - kitchen with cooker, fridge and so, dining table with four chairs, good-sized bathroom, comfy sofa and armchair, big TV with hundreds of channels, large comfortable bed and, most amazingly, a computer with high-speed internet connection, a printer and paper. Coming from the UK where you can expect to pay around £15 per day for internet access (on your own computer) I found this remarkable. You can also do your laundry for free.

As other reviewers have noted the breakfast was a little lack-lustre but I guess if staying for any length of time you would probably sort out your own.

We didn't see much of the staff but checking-in and checking-out was very efficient.

We also spent an enjoyable Saturday evening in the sports bar next door.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We live in Ottawa but were forced to vacate our house for a while. I discovered the highly rated Business Inn via this website. We stayed in this hotel on several different occasions in October and November 2009 for a day or two, twice in their Signature suite and once in the Executive suite, and will again next week for a few days. The best way I could describe it is that everything is well thought out, even the little things: better than average quality soaps and shampoos, good quality foods for breakfast (though quite simple) for their complimentary breakfast, even the little guides they have in each room has been very well-prepared.

Then there are the huge rooms, complimentary Internet service (and printing!!!), huge kitchen and enormous balcony (for the Signature suite- there was no balcony in the Executive suite we had). The staff we have dealt with have either been professional or wonderful to deal with. This place seems very well run and very honestly priced. The price (and perhaps the name) is deceptive, other than the fact that nothing about this place is luxurious. It feels like staying in a friend's condo in town!

If you are looking for luxury, this is probably not for you. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean, all-around comfortable place, in one of the most interesting spots in town, than I highly recommend the Business Inn. Adequate everything, above average all else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

When we got there, check in was quick, parking is underground 12$ a night. lots of space to park. Staff was super helpful and answered all our questions. wrote on the map every site we should see and which bus to take.
Let me just say that the rooms are enormous. Its like an appartement, it has every thing you need including dishes, stove, microwave, Toby, computer with printer, toaster,coffee maker and i could go on. location was great, close to the parliement and Centre Rideau (10 min walk).
The rooms are a little noisy, you can here people outside (we were on the third floor) but beside that, everything was great.
Breakfast was good with a good variety (eggs, french toast, bagel...).
We would definitly go back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

My husband and I were travelling around the East Coast of Canada and this was our first time in Ottawa. Not knowing the city at all, I went to Trip Advisor for help and came across the reviews for the Business Inn.
I consequently booked our two nights there and we were not disappointed. Some of the reviews did state the noise coming from Elgin Street did impinge on a good night's sleep, hence I requested a room on a high level. This did not happen and we were placed in a room on the 2nd Floor overlooking Elgin Street. However, being week nights that we were staying in Ottawa, the streets were not too busy and noise was not a problem.
The room was very large, bed very comfortable and bathroom spotlessly clean.
The continental breakfast was certainly adequate.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Location excellent - 10 minute walk from Parliament House, river etc.
Very good bars and restaurants around hotel.
We would have no hesitation in staying at the Business Inn again or recommending it to other travellers.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

We have 2 school aged children and need to stay in a suite as it makes it much easier. This was a great hotel. The rooms were huge. We had a jacuzzi tub (kids loved it), full kitchen, free use of a computer with a printer free paper, ink etc as much as we wanted inc free Wi Fi for our lap top. Continential breakfast was great not your usual hotel breakfast (included in the price). Rooms were clean and the staff had awesome customer service skills. Used the free laundry service including soap. ( Unheard of!!!) The only down fall is the bedrooms did not have T.V.'s in them. I think they need to be added even if it is not a large one. Location was excellent walking distance to the Byward Market, Rideau Center, Canal etc. I would stay there again. Great price also. I would recommend booking early because when we were checking in they had only one room left and they did not inflate the price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Business Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!