“Way too many choices of poutine!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Ottawa
“Way too many choices of poutine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

There must be at least 30 different types of poutine here. I really had trouble choosing one. (Finally settled on one with steak, onions and peppers).

It was quite good and would definitely try it again but as poutine isn't the healthiest of foods, it will be a while before I go back.

TIP:

The portions here are huge. A medium was more than I could handle and I usually have a good appetite. I can't see anyone finishing a large on their own without help. As such, I'd suggest a small.

Visited February 2013

71% Recommend
Ottawa, Canada
“Unhealthy, delicious, and awesomeness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Oh what a genius the owner is. A poutine joint that creates numerous variations of poutine and doesn't get greedy with adding anything else on the menu. Perfect. Keeping it simple and tasty. If it's your first time here and you're eating solo, order a small. Medium, well that's enough poutine for 2-3 people and I still have not ordered a large. Make no mistake, they really really hook you up portion-wise and this is no complaint of mine :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Awesome variety of toppings on poutine, ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were heading for Kelsey's in Barrhaven Market Place one of my friends spotted the big "SPUD's" sign and wonder what it was. We walked over to take a look and decided to give it a try. Its a fast-food joint that sells chip-truck food... We each order a medium. My vegetarian friend and I ordered the Magic Mushrooms. And they also had vegetarian gravy. The fries were fresh and crispy. None of us was able to finish the medium as it was huge and packed with cheese curds. We should all have gone for the small. They are also very generous with the gravy.

You can also make your own poutine / baked potato different combination of toppings.

Restaurant is clean and the furniture is 80s retro.

The food is very rich and not your everyday meal, health wise. But if you feel like poutine once in a while, this is the place to go.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“Best Poutine in Ottawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place specializes in poutine, but you can also get fries. The establishment is clean with about 10 sit down tables to eat-in if you wish. Staff are friendly and knowlegeable. There are quite a variety of toppings from which you can select - beef, chicken etc. They even offer a variety of gravies. The takeout containers have a coating on the inside which
prevents any leakage of gravy. Best poutine in Ottawa.
My 12 year old son has placed this at the top his his list - ahead of Wendys, Harveys and Mcdonalds. Fresh cut fries are hard to find. The only other place nearby is 5-Guys.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Un-Bee-Lievable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stumbled on this place after a quick trip in to Barrhaven to do a bit of running around. They're still fairly new, and not sure how well-known they are yet.

The food was AWESOME! That being said, it's extremely rich, and not something I'd want every night......(well I would, but I can't). French fries are made almost to order....so you'll wait a couple of minutes, but it's worth it. You can have just about anything you can think of on your poutine, from bacon to mac&cheese! I purchased a large the first time we went and took it home. Four of us couldn't finish it. And that's includes two teenage boys!

Staff and owners are friendly, engaging and extremely helpful. I will be back again and again! Clean, clean, clean too.

• Visited February 2012