“Good experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Barrie, Canada
“Good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and service was amazing. Food was fast and hot but didn't enjoy spinach/crab dip. Nachos were great though. They do tours but the hop on hop off guide didn't tell us they only do them at 5/530pm. The atmosphere was nice and we were in and out quickly in order to get the next bus :).

• Visited September 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Tried out this place Saturday and couldn't of asked for anything better, my steak was seasoned and grilled perfectly. Shrimp tacos were full of flavour. Our waitress Christine was very bubbly and knowledgeable of the types of bear and food choices. Always there for us and making us laugh.

Pretty noisy but there was a wedding going on upstairs with their music so I can understand. And boy was this place packed.

For sure will be one of my new hop spots to go to. Wanna try out their brunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Great food, great beer, slightly overpriced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This place was within walking distance of our hotel so we thought that we would give it a try. A picturesque location in a nifty old building. I found the food excellent but you pay a premium for the atmosphere. Hopefully you enjoy it. It's a bit noisy but kinda cool. The service was excellent. I was a little put off by the prices. Kids meal was $7 and his root beer was over $3. I wasn't thrilled with the other prices either. Good food so I recommend it as long as you aren't looking for the best value.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Great eating in Ottawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We yesterday went for dinner at MSBP and had the beef noodle salad and the masala chicken and both were excellent. The beef was a bit tough, but because it was so tastily seasoned, in fact, it was better to chew and savour the taste rather than the usual bolting down of something that "melts in your mouth". The masala was done to perfection and just the right degree of spiciness. Of course the beer was terrific. Our desert, the carrot cake cheesecake caramel thingee was a very tasty surprise as we ordered it more out of curiousity than expecting anything that went down well. It was in fact delicious. Really friendly and attentive service as always. We liked that the music outside was subdued enough that we could enjoy the tranquillity of a summer evening without sacrificing an upbeat vibe.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buffalo, New York
“Noisy brew pub with an interesting menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Mill Street Brew Pub has an interesting history and fine location near the water, The pub is very noisy, but the wait staff is attentive if a little over friendly. ( Note to servers- I want you to wait on me- not become my new best friend) I ordered a very interesting salad- Indian Kale- It missed the mark of greatness, but was an interesting selection and I appreciated the flavor profile. My sister ordered a "Poutine burger"- she enjoyed it"s local flair. She also ordered a carrot cake cheese cake combo. It seemed like overkill to me, but after having a taste- it was delicious! We sat indoors, as it was very humid, but the outdoor patios seemed lovely. I would visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere