“Second visit disppointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adam's Airport Inn

You added Adam's Airport Inn to your Saves list
Adam's Airport Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2721 Bank St | near Hunt Club, Ottawa, Ontario K1T 1N1, Canada   |
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto
“Second visit disppointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

This was our second visit to this hotel. Last year we enjoyed its large rooms, free breakfast and very reasonable cost.

The main disappointment this time was before we even booked. They advertised one price on their website which was not a good as last year's and then when I tried to book one double room for the four of us including our two teenagers they asked for an unmentioned extra $20/night for the two additional people. That put the price out of the reasonable to the unattractive. I still booked because we were close to our travel date.

Other than that, the rooms are clean and reasonably equipped. The breakfast was not exciting but adequate. Its a bit far from the attractions for tourism unless you take a car downtown. The local restaurants are not great but if you drive you can go to better ones.

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — Unexpected charges for aditional people in the room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I found this hotel in my usual manner of going down the Tripadvisor popularity lists and getting to the first hotel that is reasonable in price yet popular. I got about what I expected. It is cleam, convenient and fairly close ($15 cab ride) to the airport; the latter a big factor due to an early morning departure. The initial impression in the lobby is quite good, the halls are spacious with chairs and a welcoming feeling (although the guy on check-in was not all that friendly - the guy on checkout very friendly).
Rooms seem modern and clean setback from Bank Street pretty good so traffic noise not too bad. Heater/AC in window fairly quiet although only used as a heater. Airport noise also pretty minimal.
Breakfast pretty basic but since this is already one of the cheapest options in Ottawa, that is a bonus anyway.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

This hotel is amonst the cheapest around, but it is far from the worst. You definately get a good value as far as the room goes. The rooms are always clean and the breakfast is sufficient.

There are a few things that bugged me on my last visit, together these forced me to vow to never stay there again. It is a crying shame because they could easily be fixed.

The night clerk was just downright rude. It was far from acceptable. I don't need that additude on check-in.

Now they just finished switching their smoking section to a non-smoking section. I can't be happier as I'm a non smoker. I understand they did this about 6 months ago. (don't quote me on the timeline) but when they checked me into that wing you could swear someone was just chainsmoking in that very room. It was appalling. I actually found it hard to breath.

Back at the front desk he first told me I was liing, then that it was probably paint fumes because they had recently painted. I know paint and I know tobacco, and that was definately tobacco. They did move me to another room which was clean and great.

There was another issue that seemed huge at the time but now seems rather trivial. I'll let that one go.

The rest of the staff are always friendly and pleasant. It is too bad about this one bad apple.

If they remove him I would be happy to stay there any time.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The night desk clerk
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

The room included:
- 2 queen bed, night tables
- 30" TV and table
- table and chairs
- full bathroom with bathtub
- mini fridge

LOCATION
This hotel is located south of the Bank St./Hunt Club Rd. intersection in the southeastern part of Ottawa, close to shopping, restaurants, and the airport. I would not consider it a central hotel, so depending on what kind of business you will be doing there, it may or might not be right for you. If you are visiting as a tourist, than it's a great place to stay if you have a car. It does have quick/close access to the Airport Parkway.

AMENITIES
Not too much. Some suites apparently come with jacuzzis. There is a complimentary continental breakfast. It is pretty basic, not tasty but not poor.

PARKING
Free parking outside in a well lit lot.

CLEANLINESS
The hotel was clean, as were the rooms. We requested a non-smoking room, however it was obviously a former smoking room. I would be specific when booking about non-smoking. Either that or they should really do a better job cleaning those rooms. We stayed in #108.

COMFORT
The beds were comfortable, the TV was great, and aside from it being a former smoking room, it was a very pleasant stay.

SERVICE
As with everything else about Adam's Inn, it was pretty basic. It didn't seem like anyone was going out of their way, although I wouldn't say that they would fail to perform.

OVERALL
If you will be seeing Ottawa from car, than I would say this is a good place. It is a fair distance from the beautiful parts of Ottawa, although the neighbourhood it is in is nice. The best part of Adam's Inn was the price - it is extremely of good value all things considered. We paid under $100 for our room.

• Liked — Cleanliness, good internet access
  • Disliked — Former smoking room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

I am normally pretty timid of staying at non-major hotel chains after a number of incidents in other places, so when I booked a room at Adam's Airport Inn I was not really expecting much.

When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the rooms were more than adequate.

I left this hotel feeling I got great value at a very reasonable price (the next cheapest hotel was nearly double what I paid for the price at this hotel). The next time I plan on flying out of Ottawa, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel. A+

On a side note I thought I would mention Captial Taxi @ 613-744-3333. I used them for a ride to a wedding just outside the city and during the ride I left my cell phone in the cab and didn't even notice. When I returned to my hotel late that night the front desk clerk asked if I had lost my cell phone; I was shocked when he told me the cab driver drove all the way back to my hotel and asked them to give it to me. Very nice of him, and much appreciated. Good karma.

Stayed August 2007
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

My family booked the Adams Airport Inn for our first night in Ottawa (we had previously used the Days Inn but on this occasion it was full). Despite the much lower prices at the Adams, we were delighted to find the standards were excellent with a large, comfortable and clean room. Staff were very friendly and helpful when booking the room and during our stay.
The free continental breakfast was basic but adequate.
Hotel is close to the airport and we will definitely use again when flying into Ottawa

• Liked — Close to Airport
  • Disliked — Seating for breakfast is limited
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Adams Airport Inn on June 9th. Check-in was easy, and the desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is at the end of Bank Street, and there are no restaurants within easy walking distance (I saw a Chinese buffet sign, but I'm not sure it was open). Within 5-10 minutes drive, you have access to a shopping centre with Outback Steakhouse, Kelsey's, and Denny's, and a grocery store and Tim Horton's are close by.

The room was clean, and had a fridge and microwave, table for eating breakfast, and a TV. The TV was small but worked fine, and the wireless internet access in the room worked perfectly. One suprise was the keys for the room - no electronic locks here, you get an old fashioned metal key.

For breakfast, I wouldn't call it deluxe, but it was more than adequate for free. Bagels, danishes, muffins, coffee, tea, juice and a bowl of apples were available. Extra points for providing trays - too many hotels with continental breakfast don't provide trays, making it difficult to get your food back to your room.

My only complaint was the stiff mattress and thin walls (but this is no different from many hotels) .

• Stayed June 2006