“Did the trick!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adam's Airport Inn

You added Adam's Airport Inn to your Saves list
Adam's Airport Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2721 Bank St | near Hunt Club, Ottawa, Ontario K1T 1N1, Canada   |
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
North Bay, Canada
“Did the trick!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We needed a place to stay for one night, nothing fancy, reasonable rate and near CHEO. Front desk was friendly, small lobby and small hotel. Room was good size with a high ceiling. It was dated but clean, comfortable and did the trick for us. There was a continental breakfast which was reasonable with a variety of choices for the family. We checked out the workout facilities but it was under renovation and would not be usuable for some time. There was not a coffee maker which was a bit of a surprise. There was none in the lobby and we were told they used to have it but no one used it so they stopped providing it. You could get it at the continental breakfast, of course. Overall, it worked out for what we needed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I arrived at 11 pm after a long flight, having prepaid the room, otherwise I would NEVER have remained there for more than five minutes. I was shown to a downstairs room and opened the door, to be met by a Hurricane of freon-stinking air from the A/C unit under the window (which I guess was also a room heater, I don't know.) The room was certainly not warm. I turned off the A/C unit, and opened the window to air the room so I could breathe. It was at ground level and big enough for anyone to crawl thru, with a flimsy bug screen as the only hinder. The "safety" catch on the window was totally inadequate and in my opinion could have been forced open easily from the outside. The room and bedding looked worn but clean. I closed and "locked" the window again and "slept" in my clothes, my valuables in my pocket, and my hands clutching a Theraband in case anyone attacked me. What a joke! Why do Ottawa hotels find it impossible to co-exist in the same space-time continuum as "value for money" ?? And NEVER put a single female in a downstairs/ground-level room unless they specifically ask for it -- just don't!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are supposed to be better. I guess that would count as a relative statement.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is an older hotel/motel with worn carpeting and furniture but was clean and staff helpful and friendly. Chairs in the room were much too low to use with the table. Beds were comfortable, TV was good. It is inexpensive but not a great place for a vacation. It is not close to the usual tourist spots and not in a good location for walking. You must have a car if you plan to go anywhere while at this hotel. We will NOT stay at this hotel in the future and would not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
LeonAdam, Owner at Adam's Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Very sorry to hear that you would no recommend our hotel. The carpeting is but 4-5 years old and the furniture is brand new of this year as well of the brand new 37 inches flat screen televsion. So I found this review to be unjustified in regards to to carpeting and furniture. I do agree 2 km maybe a little far for some to walk to the Southkeys Shopping Centre where you could shop and dine; but there is also the city bus stop in front of the hotel which is a very affordable and convenient for our guest who don't have means of transportation that could bring
our guest to downtown core of Ottawa (10km) as well as any other atttractions that our Nation Capital as to offer. The Adam's Airport Inn is commited in offering the best quality and service to all our guest at a very affordable rates
Moose Creek, On
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed at this motel on 2 occasions - upon leave on our trip we had a very early flight out and the night we came back, if was late so we stayed there also. The rooms were clean, quite large and the bed very comfortable. Each room has a very nice large flat screen TV and a working bar fridge. Both times, our room was facing Bank St but we hardly heard any noise. Considering a continental breakfast is included, the price is excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is such a joy to stay at this motel. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Flew into Ottawa, met by a friend, Spent nite Oct7/11 at Adams. Room was very clean, quite large, included a newspaper and breakfast. Room had flat screen tv, fridge, hair dryer, Got seniors discount. Would recommend this place. Has AC, but not needed at this time

Room Tip: stayed in room 202, great
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Blissfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I stopped for a night on our way through Canada. As I needed to be at the airport early in the morning, I asked the person at the desk for guidance on when I needed to leave for my flight. He helped me determine when to leave and offered to order a cab for me. His judgment on timing was perfect. It was nice to have service with a smile. We were also pleased with our room. From the moment we opened the door we appreciated it's style. The spacious room was clean with a modern flair. We didn't see an elevator. If carrying your luggage up stairs is an issue, you may want to ask about an elevator before making your reservation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I can't count the number of times that we have stayed at Adam's Airport Inn. The rooms are large and comfortable and there is a small refrigerator in each one. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is really the best value of any hotel in Ottawa. We had a room on the bottom floor in the back overlooking the beautiful yard and flowers - so peaceful! Very affordable!
It's always a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Adam's Airport Inn? Share your experiences!