“Perfect one for short stay in Ottawa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto
“Perfect one for short stay in Ottawa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our first time in this hotel - last time we've been to Ottawa, we stayed in the neighbouring Hampton inn, were happy about it, but since it was booked for this visit, decided to try Courtyard.
Pros:
- Extremely large rooms and bathrooms, all clean, functional . The rooms are quiet, so you'll get a nice rest. Has a touch of luxury stay, as compared to more basic Hampton Inn.
- Parking is included in the price.
- Service - very good. Polite, professional, fast.
- Location - very close to downtown (minus a constant construction on Rideau!)
Cons:
- Breakfast could be included for the price. Really. (Hampton does!)
- If you are going to use a swimming pool - nice, but very small and too much chlorine.
- Location - if you want to go out, you do have to drive, as there is nothing to do in the area (unless you are there for tennis tournament, as we were - Rideau tennis club is really a walking distance). So, the price of downtown parking is automatically added to the price of your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts of your stay with us. Just so you know, we don't decide whether or not breakfast is included, Marriott does. It is not a brand standard for Courtyards to provide breakfast, meaning we cannot offer it complimentary.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hermitage, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our standard room and bathroom was huge! The bathroom had a separate tub and stand along shower! I was impressed by the overall design of the room. The room was super clean and fresh! The wi-fi was good. I wished we could stay longer but we were passing through headed to Montreal. There is no free breakfast at this location but they do provide meals at their restaurant. Warning the food was kind of pricey for what you get. Other than that I would recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank for you taking the time to share your thoughts of our Ottawa hotel. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed our spacious, clean guest rooms. Free breakfast has not been a part of the Courtyard brand standard for a few years now and while there may still be Courtyard's that offer it, new builds like our property would not. Marriott will continue to phase it out completely from all existing Courtyards.
Thank you again for your time and look forward to having you with us again.
Warm regards,
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel looks great! It's only about 18 months old and it still looks brand new. Service in Bistro is excellent. Service at front desk is spotty. One shift, excellent, next shift not so good. Overall I would definitely recommend! We were amazed how close to downtown it actually is. 7 minutes from Parliament Hill to the hotel. Well worth it!

• Stayed August 2013
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to share you comments regarding our Ottawa hotel. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and our true closeness to the downtown core. If there are particular matters you would like to address regarding the front desk, please feel free to reach out to me.
Looking forward to welcoming you in the future, and again, thank you for your time.
Kirkland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I cannot write a review on this property without starting with how MASSIVE the rooms are!!! It's borderline crazy to be honest. They are easily twice as big as average Courtyard guest rooms. After having read the reviews about the underground parking ramp before staying here, I was anxious to see what all the fuss is about, as I expected, most people are seriously over reacting. Sure it's a little steep, but nothing to fear or gasp over lol. Free indoor parking near a city center far outweighs the extra five degrees of descent! Staff was very quick and friendly at check-in and check-out. The hotel is quite new so things are modern and functional. This hotel is perfect for a stay of a few days! I found the elevators to be slower than average and you're not really close to many dining options but these aren't major issues... If anything bothered me, it was the maid ignoring my DND sign knocking away at my door while I was napping to offer me another pillow lol... The 5 that came with the room was fine. All in all, I'll be back soon!!!

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was huge, clean and modern. I asked and was told it was a standard room... You...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our new Courtyard in Ottawa. I'm delighted to know you enjoyed our uncommonly spacious guest rooms and complimentary parking. I appreciate your candid comments regarding our parking ramp and for sharing your perspective of that experience.
I hope we'll see you again soon.
Again, thank you.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard for one night. It was perfect for our stopover and to see the city.
The rooms are new, very big, quiet, clean and the beds are very comfortable (with a fully equipped kitchen). At the gym on the 15th (?) floor you have a nice view of the city.

Room Tip: Even the rooms on the "highway" side are very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts of our Ottawa hotel. It's a delight to know you enjoyed our rooms and amazing view of the city from the 15th.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Canada Day weekend, with my husband and another couple and we were very happy with it. The room was huge, the bathroom large and very clean and one of the most important things to me.......the beds were very comfortable!!! I have chronic back problems and usually travel with a memory foam in my car, should I need it . This bed however did NOT need extra cushioning. I also love the bedding, no old school floral bedspreads that you never know when the last time they were washed was!

The location is not in the busy downtown of Ottawa, yet easily accessible to downtown, if you are driving. We had our own car, the parking was free at the hotel (another bonus), so I really couldn`t say how public transit would have been.

The breakfast was very good. We didn`t go swimming, but we did go to look at the pool area, which is very clean and well kept .

Special mention to Martin at the front desk for her courteous, pleasant and very helpful nature. My friend had made this booking through Orbitz.com and there was an issue concerning the price including breakfast and after lengthy phone conversations with both the hotel and Orbitz, it was resolved and we were told to ask for Martin when we checked in and he would be aware of the arrangements that were made and he took care of everything. Later in the evening when we returned and asked him for extra coffee in the room, since we were 4, he was so helpful and pleasant, even after many hours of already being on the job!! Great customer service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our Ottawa hotel. I'm pleased to know you slept well, enjoyed your breakfast and appreciated our convenient location with free parking. Thank you for acknowledging our associate's attentive, pleasant demeanour. We are fortunate to have him, as well as all of our fabulous associates.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.
Brossard, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was there with my family, couple with 3kids and the room was very big enough for all of us. I feel I was in kempeski 7start, very clean, the personel at desk are very friendly and professional, and the restaurant breakfast was very affordable, the parking free, I really enjoy my journey there and I promise I will come back for sure... I am giving this hotel 7 start

Room Tip: king bed with sofa bed excellent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Ottawa hotel with the Trip Advisor audience. We're thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to having you with us again.
Jennifer

Been to Courtyard Ottawa East? Share your experiences!