“Always impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Always impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have fallen in love with this hidden gem.

The quaint restaurant on Main St. in Manotick is one of the best places for sushi in the Ottawa area.

The owner is knowledgeable and helpful with the food selection. (my wife and I being Gluten-Intolerant, he knew exactly how everything was prepared)

The quality and presentation is top notch; I was impressed with everything I have eaten on all three dinners at Sun Shushi.

Worth the quick drive to Manotick to enjoy a meal there!

• Visited March 2014

Ottawa
“Excellent Sushi, Service, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Probably the best sushi in Ottawa. Very high quality food, excellent preparation and presentation. Service was very good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa
“Wow! Great Sushi Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I were craving Sushi and looked on the Internet and found this restaurant listed in Manotick and decided to give it a try.

What a great decision that was! :)

The restaurant is very clean, looks brand new actually, but they have been open five years now. The waiter was extremely friendly.

The food was amazing! We started with the Sunomono Salad, very refreshing, wonderful taste.
We then had the Twist Shrimp Tempura with Spice Maple Sauce...absolutely delicious!
Next was the Spider Roll. The sushi was very, very good!
We also tried the Chicken Teriyaki Bowl, again very good.

Presentation was beautiful with every dish.

We will definitely be adding this restaurant to our list of places to eat.

Definitely try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Always Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As residents of Manotick, we feel spoiled by the restaurant choices available to us in our own village. When Sushi Sun opened, I could not, at first, believe our good fortune that we now had sushi among our choices. We were probably one of their first customers and now we make it a regular stop both to dine in or to take out. In truth, it's always my preference to dine in because, as other reviewers have noted, Sushi Sun provides a tranquil environment in which to enjoy excellent sushi and it offers a particularly enjoyable selection of exotic teas.

I would say that the service is also excellent but that does not really do it justice. Now it is true that we are regulars so we are always made to feel at home. But now that I think back I think this was true on our first visit too.

I wholeheartedly recommend Sushi Sun to anyone in Manotick, or for that matter Ottawa, who would like to enjoy something a little special.

Reservations are usually not necessary but for key dates it is a good idea. This I learned the hard way when my wife and I wandered in, casually, on Valentine's Day only to find that it was completely full. Rather than forego on the delicious sushi, we placed an order to go and enjoyed it at home. A couple of weeks later, I stopped by to make another pick up order and the gracious owners of Sushi Sun added something special to our take out platter - because they had not been able to accommodate us on Valentine's Day (when it was entirely my fault!). It is a very special place, as I think you are beginning to sense. I just made a reservation for Mother's Day.

I almost always get a spicy Manotick roll, but that's a personal addiction. And with each visit we continue to explore their menu and this only adds to my list of must-have orders.

• Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“A peaceful oasis with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Sushi Sun is a wonderful place to enjoy a peaceful meal. The vegetable tempura is delicious and the sushis and sashimi are fresh and tasty. There is an interesting choice of Japanese teas.

• Visited February 2013