“Excellent steak +” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 2,218 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Newly renovated and re-opened.
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent steak +”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We decided to try this restaurant with two of our very close friends coming in Ottawa for the week end.
Everybody was enchanted with this place and more specially with the food. The salads were crisp and fresh. When it came to my steak, again she made an excellent suggestion. The baked potato was excellent - cooked but not overly so. The steak was cooked to perfection (I wanted medium well which is so often not achieved in restaurants - and I know many would argue not the proper way to eat steak - but I don't want my steak moo-ing.) The steak with juicy and flavourful. I found the veggies to be just about perfect - with just a hint of crispness left (not raw, but certainly not mushy - exactly how I prefer my veggies). We spent an entire evening there - pretty much closed the place - and at no time did we feel rushed to leave.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for an intimate/romantic supper or a quiet supper out with a few friends. With such amazing service, excellent food, and beautiful ambiance - we will certainly be coming back together and with friends to the Rose Bowl Restaurant

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa, Canada
“anniversary celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was the first restaurant we went to when we were dating, 35 years latter, we still go. We were there last night for our 29th anniversary which we do every year. We were fortunate to listen to the music from a newly wed couple who were just married. (Lebanese) To the lady who made a spectacle of yourself because of the celebration thank you. Food was excellent, service was excellent and the entertainment was free. Kudo's to our waitress, she handled herself very professionally. Calamari with 3 sauces were excellent, mussels were superb, Filet minon was cooked to perfection and salad was fresh and presentation was awesome. Dessert would have been nice but there was so much food we were too stuffed to eat anymore. See you again soon.

• Visited May 2014
Kanata, Canada
“Best Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I took my wife to Rose Bowl for dinner last night. The atmosphere was amazing and I loved the decor. The waiter was very pleasant and talkative and attentive to our every need. The food was absolutely amazing. The filet mignon was cooked and flavoured to perfection melting in my mouth. The lobster ravioli was to die for!!!! All in all, for the price of the meal, I have to rate it as one of the best restaurants that I have been too in Ottawa. I will definitely be going back!!!!

• Visited May 2014
Ancaster, Canada
“Great Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

A fine dining experience, very similar to a Ruth Chris. great steak and wine relaxed and very pleasant atmosphere. I was in Ottawa on business and had and enjoyable dinner for one. The waiter was great. A bit pricy but worth every penny.

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Service was lousy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We arrived on time for our reservations, ladies waited inside while the guys parked the car, I overheard the host saying he had a table for four- if I hadn't spoken up our table would have been given away. It took 15 min for someone to arrive to take drink orders, It took 35min for one small glass. Everyone else's drinks arrived in 20 min. The food was good but I've had better, I ordered the salmon, it came with 1 carrot and 1 broccoli floret and tbsp of squash I had to repeatedly ask for water throughout the whole dinner. We never did get our bread that was supposed to be served with sitting. But they sure were quick to give the bill and wait for the money and tip. For two of us the bill was close to $ 100 We did go on New Years Eve for dinner, but the restaurant should have accounted for the busy evening . Would I return - not a chance - there are lots of restaurants in Ottawa where the food is just as tasty or even better and the service 100%
better