“Its all about the BBQ!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Nova Sotia
“Its all about the BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

Had an excellent meal - menu has lots of options and portions large. A gluten free menu available with excellent choices. Full bar menu and lots of napkins on hand !

Visited April 2015

Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious, even for a vegetarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

Finally made it to this highly anticipated spot with some friends to catch up over some brews and food and was extremely impressed! As a vegetarian and being there with 4 meat-lovers I didn't expect to find anything too exciting on the menu that I could eat but I was very happy to see that they had several tasty salad options, plenty of meat-free side dishes, a bean veggie burger and a tofu sandwich. Being a vegetarian that usually does not enjoy tofu I was so impressed by the smoked tofu sandwich that I would honestly make a trip all the way back down to York St just to have it again. It was SO GOOD!
The poutine was possibly the best I have ever had (spiced fries really made the dish), deep fried pickles are always a hit, and the mac & cheese was creamy and crispy. Highly recommended! My lunch-mates thoroughly enjoyed the brisket and pulled pork. There was not a bite left of anything when we were done. Also the staff was friendly and very welcoming!

Visited February 2015
Tallahassee, Florida
“Hole in the wall with awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015

Looks simple from the outside, but a decent bar/restaurant with excellent southern style food. The jerk chicken was spectacular. Apparently that's the chef's specialty.

Visited April 2015
Gatineau, Canada
“Great taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

We were in a bit of a rush, so this may have made things seem worse than they were. We went on a thursday night and the place was about 80% full. There was only two of us and lots of tables available. The host said he'd be with us in a few minutes, but it took about 20 minutes for them to seat us (after we had to ask a second time what the hold up was). We felt kind of ignored in general as the staff seemed to have forgotten about us. We ordered the sampler, ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, with a side of corn bread. The food took a long time come out. But when it got to us it was delicious. Unfortunately, we were in a rush and didn't get too fully savour the meaty goodness. Perhaps the service wasn't as slow as we perceived. We'd definitely like to go back when we're not so rushed to give this place another chance. It definitely has potential to be a staple in our restaurant selection.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Yum, Yum, Yummeh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

So I had seen this place previewed on "You've Gotta Eat Here". Let me just say, I agree 100% with that statement, you really do have to eat there! First off, I love the whole vibe of the place. Right away, I felt like I was at home. I was welcomed warmly at the door and told I could choose a seat where ever I wanted. This wasn't a one time thing, they've said it every time I've gone. I really like that fact that I can just make myself at home and do something as simple as picking my own seat, especially since many restaurants don't allow you that luxury. The staff were amazing, very helpful and friendly. Loved the whole experience, but let's get down to the food.
Un-freakin-believable...so so so delicious! I don't know if I can steal the whole "finger licking good" slogan, but it applies. The first few times I went I had their platters where you get to choose 3 meats and 2 sides. I had their brisket, pork, and chicken. I loved all of them, but would recommend the brisket for sure - their coffee bbq sauce is out of this world. As someone who doesn't generally eat beef or pork, I was surprised that these were the two items I liked the best. They're amazing, seriously just amazing. The meat pulls away so tenderly each time with little to no fat. Incredible. I liked the flavour of the chicken, but after having the brisket, I won't be ordering the chicken again, I can do chicken at home.
This is the one place I've been to where the sides are just as good as the main dishes. I loved their tangy coleslaw, their fries, onion rings, and their "crack and cheese". I'm lactose intolerant, it really hurts me to eat dairy, but omg, their mac and cheese is so good that it's worth the pain afterwards, and that says a lot. I HAVE to have it every time I go, it's really that delicious. The flavour is amazing, super cheesy, but I also love how the noodles aren't mushy. They're cooked perfectly. I haven't had the sandwiches yet because I have braces so it's hard to bite into them, but my friends who have had them say they're amazing and the best they've ever had. I can't wait to try them for myself.

• Visited March 2015