“Quality and taste inconsistent” 2 of 5 stars
Review of ZaZaZa

ZaZaZa
143 Putman Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1M 1Z8, Canada (Formerly ZaZaZa Beechwood)
613.747.9292
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #202 of 2,149 Restaurants in Ottawa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary, Eclectic, Family Fare
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Big Cheese created ZaZaZa in 2010 on an infamous little corner in New Edinburg. Tired of "Ho Hum" pizza, he envisioned churning fresh batches of dough, brewing yummy sauces from scratch, whole fresh toppings, and the best cheeses around! He dreamed of a stage for talented young Chefs to present "Pizza with Pizazz" in an artistic setting all served with genuine hospitality at the core. The results are now in...And the reviews are superb. Thanks Ottawa for making ZaZaZa your neighbourhood pizza joint...With pizazz.
Ottawa, Canada
“Quality and taste inconsistent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

First time we dined here, our pizzas were delicious. The service was so-so, though. We waited and waited, expecting our appetizers to come out, but instead, our entrees arrived. No worries, the apps didn't show up on the bill, so no big deal. I tried the Liberty Bella, and it was great! Even leftovers were yummy later in the day.

Unfortunately, I revisited the Glebe location last weekend with out-of-town guests and was sorely disappointed. I ordered the Mexican-themed pizza this time (cannot remember the name), with ground beef and avocado. For starters, I wanted to ask that old chestnut: Where's the beef? The meat was so scarce, it could've passed for a vegetarian pizza. Moreover, there simply was no taste! It was the blandest pizza ever. I looked around, but there weren't any salt shakers on the table. They did offer hot pepper flakes and hot chili oil to spice it up, but all it needed was some simple salt.

Considering the high price of these goumet pizzas, they should be phenomenal, and they just aren't. Well, not all the time, anyway, and that's a big problem.

My guests were polite and didn't moan, but no one raved about the meal, either. I figured they ate because they were hungry after a long car ride to meet me.

Oh, and the coleslaw they serve is just vile. Ugh, what is the dressing...dirt?

To make matters worse, the "freshly made" lemonade one of us ordered was fermented and sour enough to pucker one's face. Had to ask for sugar from the kitchen to make it drinkable.

Considering the number of new eateries in Ottawa, I will not be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
IonAimers, Owner at ZaZaZa, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Criftee...

As the owner all I can say to you is we are sorry !!! Although I am disheartened to hear your comments, I welcome that you wrote them down and can assure you by hopefully reading the many positive ones, this is unacceptable to me and my team.

I hope you will email me at my address (which is posted on our website along with my persoanl number!!) below and let me reconnect and offer you a return visit with the same 100% guarantee.

We only do THE BEST pizza in town, and will provide you with that...I promise. Again thanks for the constructive comments, and a chance to make things right...you will allow us that, right ?

Shine...
Ion Aimers
The Big Cheese
ion@zazazapizza.com

Toronto, Canada
“Beyond normal pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I do not come here enough. The pizza is outstandingly good and really tasty. The servicie is friendly and the choice of pizzas extraordinary. Cannot say enough about this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
IonAimers, Owner at ZaZaZa, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Hey Foodenator88...
A sweet ride like that one in your picture deserves a Sweet Glide from our menu...come on back to ZaZaza and say hello please. We sure do thank you for the positive remarks, and hope we can feed you and your pals again soon !!!
Salut...The Big Fromage
Winnipeg, Canada
“Tasty but Greasy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

When I heard that the creator of The Works began a new adventure with ZaZaZa Pizza with Pizazz, I had to try it. The menu is creative with quirky names and the pizza was packed with flavour. I will try it again but will ask for if the pizza can be made with less oil - I found the Italian Too a bit too greasy for my liking.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing pizza, wonderful and knowledgable staff and a unique comfortable atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Zazaza pizza Is bringing pizza back from the dark ages of fast food. With 26 unique pizza creations on the menu, there is for sure one that will tantalize your taste buds. It's theater themed decor and open kitchen puts the chefs on center stage for all to see these creations come alive. A show you must see when visiting Ottawa.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Amazing atmosphere, stunning decor, even better food. Fantastic service! Superb experience!

• Visited June 2012