“I Am Sorry To Hear About This Fine Establishment Closing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #326 of 2,218 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A beautifully renovated former United Church. Amazing ambiance, incredible food and of course "The love".
Montreal, Canada
“I Am Sorry To Hear About This Fine Establishment Closing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have just recently found out that Knox Fine Dining is closing it's doors. I intend on being there this weekend with my husband and parents as we have been to this restaurant several times and have enjoyed it every time. It is a quant restaurant, whose setting is in an old church. The décor is warm and inviting. The owner really makes you feel at home and makes sure that everything is to your satisfaction. The food is prepared to perfection and the presentation is tops. The quality of food too is number 1. I know that my parents are very sad to see this place closing up just like I and my husband are.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“knox is closing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

For all of you that just loved the food explosion that knox fine dinning offered, this is a heads up that if you want to taste that fantastic food again knox is serving their last meal on March 08, 2014.
That is really sad.

• Visited January 2014
“Glad we finally made the drive out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The ambiance, service and food were exceptional! Knox Fine Dining lives up to its name and is definitely worth the drive. A true gem in Eastern Ontario! Thanks to host Paul, Chef Dan and our server, Amanda, for helping us celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and 40th birthday.

Gatineau, Quebec
“Remarkable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a Groupon deal a few weeks ago. This restaurant is by far the most original and beautiful establishment I have been in. We received a very warm welcome and the owner came over to tell us about the history and the making of his restaurant. We started with the grilled calamari, it was very tender very well presented. We also tried the bison and house smoked salmon entrée. It was amazing one of the highlight of the evening. I thought I would try something different and go with the Kangaroo loin as my main. Wow, incredible, melt in your mouth, cooked to perfection. If you see it on the menu, I highly recommend it. Great meal and atmosphere, we will certainly be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stittsville, Canada
“Disappointing second visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my second time back to Knox Fine Dining and I have to say that I was disappointed with the quality of the food relative to the first dining experience (spring 2013). The menu has changed (even though it is still not updated on their website 2 weeks later) and I wonder if the chef also? We started by sharing a calamari appetizer which was ok--not particularly tasty one way or another. I had surf and turf medium rare, which was medium to well done when it arrived. My friend had a shrimp pasta dish which he enjoyed. We found the portion sizes small relative to the prices charged. Dessert was disappointing--he had the apple spice cake (that was dry) with a caramel sauce and I had a white chocolate crème brulée that was far too eggy--I'm not a chef but I've made crème brulée several times and the consistency was not right. The décor is lovely inside with natural candlelight and warm colours. I like how they've constructed a bar (in a church!) to match the wood of the original pews. The bathrooms were immaculate and warm and the large tile décor is perfect for the time period of the church. We thoroughly enjoyed the Jazz band that Saturday night and appreciated the volume as it was soft and complimentary to conversation. The exterior however is in need of repair. The front steps are crumbling and leave an unfavourable first impression for guests as they enter the church. The owner was friendly and attentive to his guests. Would we go back again--likely not--a long drive, expensive and the food was just ok. I don't feel I received good value for money that evening, despite a romantic ambiance.

The menu had changed and it still has not been updated on their website.

• Visited October 2013