“73 North, Sparks Street” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #673 of 2,288 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Lebanese, Pizza & Pasta, Canadian
Halifax, Canada
“73 North, Sparks Street”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I flew to Ottawa for the day, on the early morning flight, and went in search of a place for breakfast. I walked past a McDonald's that was lined up out to the sidewalk, and a few minutes later I came across 73 North. The service was fast and friendly, the food was delivered quickly (I ordered the $4.99 breakfast special), and it was good, though not spectacular. I can't speak to the rest of their menu, but if you're looking for a place to have a decent breakfast at a very good price, 73 North does the job well. For $4.99 I got coffee (free refills) two eggs, two pieces of toast, three sausages, and some homefriesIt sure beats standing in a long line for a McMuffin. I would definitely go again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The location is good if you are enjoying the Sparks street. The atmosphere is good because they have an outdoor dining area right on the street.
But I have to talk about their food (because I love eating :-)). The french fries are good and fresh although not the best (the best french fries I've ever tasted is in Chénéville, a small town in Quebec). However, the burger I tried is the best burger I've ever had. They put meat sauce on the burger and made it sooooooooooo tasty. Their fish chips are very well cooked, fresh and not too greasy.
In my opinion, they offer a good value at a reasonable price. By the way, if you have chance to stop by, try their specials (good taste at cheaper price).

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a waste for the nice location...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went there for a breakfast at 12 on a weekend: breakfast only until 11. We ordered coffee and it came in two cups with coffee spilled all over them, no napkins, no spoons.
Then we ordered orange juice: came in a plastic bottle, as if you just got it from the corner store! Water is also only in plastic bottles.
About the food: I ordered Kafta platter and it was decent. My girlfriend ordered chicken duner, she couldn't eat it so I tried it: the most tasteless dunair I've ever tried.
Bill came to 40$.
There are much better places for brunch around the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Irymple, Australia
“grreat restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went there with family and friends grabbed a couple of pzza's and was one of the best we had tasted ,the atmosphere was great . With friendly staff and great food it topped of a great night.
Breky for $4.99 not bad for two eggs,toast and bacon.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Good value for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just order the $4.99 special - 2 eggs, toast and choice of ham, sausage or bacon. Went there twice. The place gets filled to capacity so service could be a little slow. The 3 strips of bacon are crispy and it's a standard breakfast place. Would go again!

Visited August 2012