“Needs more staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Orleans

You added Quality Inn Orleans to your Saves list
Quality Inn Orleans
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3363 St. Joseph Blvd | Orleans, Ottawa, Ontario K1C 1T1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #53 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Montreal, Canada
“Needs more staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I founds that this hotel needs a lot more staff. I stayed at this hotel this past weekend (May 25, 2013) there was a soccer tournament. They were unable to handle the amount of people that were staying there. The person that worked at the front desk, also brought bedding to the rooms, etc...

The rooms were clean, the pool is way too small for the size of the hotel. The free breakfast needs work. There was a customer that often had to go to the front desk to mentioned that there was no more coffee, no more bread or bagels. The eating area like the pool is way to small for the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be the same.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Port Hope,On
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very clean room, with excellent front desk service. More than adequate breakfast choices and very friendly staff. The motel was very quiet at night. Good location for my purposes with excellnt rates. I would stay there again for sure. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is clean and quiet. The staff go to great lengths to give above average service. I had trouble getting internet connection. The Manager on duty spent more than half an hour resetting their routers and trying everything on my iPad to get me connected. It was finally resolved. I have recommended this hotel to family and friends. Some of our family have stayed here upon our suggestion and they have had no issues or complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in hotel recently in may 2013. I love room that I was staying in nice clean and comfy beds. Staff at the front desk was awesome they were knowledgeable and always smiling. Lovely lady was doing breakfast took care of me good. I loved fresh waffles.

I would definitely go back to this hotel price is right and location is awesome.

• Stayed May 2013
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I would NEVER book at this hotel again. The staffs were poorly trained and not polite, not to mention inappropriately dressed. The craftsmanship of the hotel itself is ridiculously poor; the countertops in the room are not even attached, they are just resting on wooden stakes!

The only good comments that I have is that the gentleman working May 3rd, 2013 on the afternoon shift at the front desk was wonderful and very assisting! For him, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: For being just off the highway and on the corner of a busy intersection the rooms were rather quiet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. It's a decent hotel right now but judging by the lack of staff, attention to detail and maintenance it won't be decent for very long which is a shame considering its not very old. The cleaning staff do the bare minimum to get by in my opinion. To me it looks as if the owner has hired a few kids to run the place and collect the revenue while it lasts!

• Stayed April 2013
George M, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your feed back. Please know that I will be taking action on your comments. I have hired 3 new staff this week and I am in the process of training them to ensure that the standards that you have come to expect from this hotel are not just met but exceeded on your next stay.

I am always walking around the hotel and I love to chat with all of the guest that stay with us. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. I take great pride in the hotel and I take this comment very seriously. Please know I will take the necessary steps to ensure that this does not happen again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival at this hotel, I was told that only 1of the 2 rooms I booked was available. The manager insisted that without my confirmation letter (which was not emailed to me) he could not do anything (even though I provided name and credit card info.) He than states that he has just spoken to me on the phone to cancel the reservation!!!! WHAT! I just drove 4 hours and a portion of my group drove for 2 days...I did not just cancel!!! The other 2 empolyees somehow worked things out...although I did not get the ajoining rooms I had booked. The manager was EXTREMELY RUDE AND TOTALLY INCOMPETENT!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The only way that we can improve is by getting your feedback and acting on it. I would like to issue you an apology on behalf of the manager that was on duty that evening. I can only tell you that I have spoken with him and he feels terrible. I will follow up with you personally as well to discuses your concerns in more detail.

We value your business and hope that consider us again in the future.

Been to Quality Inn Orleans? Share your experiences!