“Great place for dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My Girlfriend and I had dinner here before going to see a show at the NAC. We had reservations that were made online and we probably didn't need them as it wasn't busy. We were seated promptly and the server was with us fairly quickly. We ordered the mixed appetizer plater for the two of us and it was excellent. The shrimp and scallops were perfectly prepared. For dinner we both had steak it was prepared as we requested. The mashed potatoes were excellent and had an interesting spice which we weren't able to identify but was excellent. The desert was even better with my Girlfriend having the Caramelized Apple Cheesecake and I had the Banana Bread Pudding. The dinner took about 2 hours. This is not a place to go if you are in a hurry so if you are going to eat here ensure that you give yourself time to enjoy the food and not try and rush things. We are definitely going to return - especially for desert.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa, Canada
“Do NOT go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I went for the first time and we'll never go back. The wait staff was borderline rude, the food took absolutely forever (we waited nearly 45 minutes between appetizer and main course), and then our steaks were way overcooked; instead of rare and medium rare we received medium and well done, respectively. They were both also cold. I'm not sure if our waitress forgot about us or had to run home for a sec or whatever. We also had some doughy, anise-covered things which were supposedly crepes. Just terrible.

Ottawa is a pretty expensive city to eat out in anyways, but you can get FAR better at the prices Grill 41 charges for their lackluster food and crappy service.

Visited January 2012
Chicago
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Needed a quick lunch. Had the butter chicken. It was excellent and reasonably priced. Great service. By chance can back with a group of three for dinner at the suggestion of our local host. Had Andrew as our server. I realize when you first see the place, and know it is in a hotel, one would think the food will just be okay. But it was outstanding. I had the grilled goat cheese as a starter, followed by the duck. Both awesome. Others had steak and loved it. And these guys are into wine. Both Andrew and his colleagues had great insights into the wine list. Can't wait to find an excuse to get back to this restaurant, not to mention the hotel.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I celebrated my husband's birthday at Grill 41, in the Lord Elgin Hotel, and was pleasantly surprised!. The food was fantastic and the service as well. There is quite an erray to dishes to choose from and all seemed to be quite tasty. The steaks are fantastic, but also the rest of the menu is not to be ignored. I would recommend this place to anyone. They could use a little more ambiance on the bar side, but all in all, a great place to dine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I live on Elgin, my friend and I wanted a quick lunch so we stopped in at Grill 41 inside the Lord Elgin Hotel. Not only was the food amazing (I had the Tuna Nicoise, but the service was so welcoming and attentive. We will definately be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere