“Amazing, especially for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ottawa Marriott Hotel

You added Ottawa Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Ottawa Marriott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5R7, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Collingwood, Canada
“Amazing, especially for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Marriotts are always the clean and comfy hotel you can come to expect.

What sets the Kent street location apart from the other hotels is the kids area in the basement. It has games, Playstations, WIIs and a big climbing area with slides. For families traveling with little ones they will understand how amazing this can be to tire out the kids in the evenings or in the mornings before you head out sight seeing. When we checked in they also let out little ones pick from a treasure chest .

It is also convention to have Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just spent 3 nights at this property. I was extremely impressed with all facets of this hotel. The room was excellent, the staff were great, and the location was ideal.
I also used the concierge lounge as a gold status member. It was excellent, as were the staff that attended it.
I look forward to my next stay at this property.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
It is fantastic to read that every aspect of your stay at the Ottawa Marriott was brilliant. We are delighted that the guestroom, the service from our hosts and our central location were greatly appreciated. We are also pleased that the concierge lounge with its magnificent views of the city offered you the opportunity to begin your day with great food and attentive service. Thank you for this wonderful review and we look forward to hosting you when you return.

Director of Operations.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I worked with Ms. Harding to schedule a conference room for a business event. She was patient and flexible in terms of meeting times, locations and changes that had to be made. The meeting went smoothly thanks to her support.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
We are thrilled that your event was a success and we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your host. Please be assured that we will share your wonderful comments with Alyssa for the wonderful service she provided you. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Ottawa Marriott and it is rewarding to receive this fantastic accolade from you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Three years ago, when we first arrive to Canada.l, we stayed at Marriott Hotel Ottawa Kent street. It was a very memorable night. Now that we are done our research, we wanted to bring back our memories to first steps in Canada. We went back to Ottawa driving six hours from where we live in Sudbury Ontario. We spent a beautiful night in restaurant and sight seeing. Unfortunately, we checked-in our hotel very late at night. We relaxed a bit then around midnight I went out to bring something while my pregnant wife was going for a shower. We were truly shocked and disgusted by the blood spots was in bathtub, bathtub edge and the sink.

When we complained to the front desk they changed the room after a very long discussion. And honestly they were not apologizing more than just offering free breakfast and parking. Honestly, we couldn't trust the hotel hygiene on food. We didn't even take a shower that night. And we left the the coupons at our room. We left the hotel early morning around nine.

It's been almost a week, and I was expecting an apology, which is the least I expected from the Marriott management for the ruined weekend and memories. But I have never received not a written email nor a simple phone call.

I started my complaint. The poor management and lack of janitorial supervision does not go along with the Marriott famous respectful name.

After complaints to customer service they refunded the room charge. I guess that's their compensation for exposing my pregnant wife, my 7 years old daughter, to potential HIV or Hepatitis.

Stayed December 2014
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am very sorry to read about your unfortunate experience during your stay with us. I truly appreciate the feedback and hope that we can regain your confidence in the Ottawa Marriott. I understand that we did not meet your expectations and my only goal is to regain your confidence in our ability to provide an inspired experience.

After bringing this issue to our attention, we immediately followed up with an inspection of the area to determine the nature of the substance found. I assure you that your situation was handled with urgency. The following morning, we made an attempt to reach you and left a voice mail in your room to engage in helpful dialogue to review the details of our findings. We understand that this was an alarming situation and we were available to speak with you concerning this.

I am terribly sorry that you feel that we did not react appropriately to your concern and I will e-mail you directly to request a telephone number so that I may reach you to review this. I look forward to having the opportunity to speaking with you shortly.

Thank you.

Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Ottawa Marriott is located on Kent Street a few minutes from Parliament Hill. It is a good twenty-minute walk from the Rideau Centre / Byward Market area. The immediate area is mostly just office buildings, with little of interest to see or do in the evening. I stayed there on a Wednesday and Thursday in early December. There is also a Courtyard Marriott in the Byward Market area.

It is what you would expect from a Marriott - good quality, and a nice room.

The main entryway was out of service so it was necessary to go in and out through the emergency exit door.

Checkin and checkout were efficient, and staff were polite and helpful.

The room was good, no problems. There were lots of plugins for electric devices, all the controls were functional in the bathroom, which is appreciated. There was an extra blanket, which I used. The thermostat was typical, climate control in hotel rooms is usually not perfect, and this one was in that category but nonetheless functional.

In-room wireless and the wireless in our meeting rooms on the Lower Lobby level worked fine, without any problems.

The lunch service we had both days in the hotel for our meetings was good quality, very enjoyable.

There was a phenomenal amount of noise from the Kent and Queen street corner. The City was apparently performing repairs on the sewage or water systems, right from the time I checked in around 3:30 pm on Wednesday until 3 in the morning. Unbelievably they were back at it on Thursday night but the noise was not as bad. This is not the hotel's fault of course, but it meant a night of disrupted sleep as work crews moved equipment around and were doing who knows what.

Chain hotels are expected to be consistent in quality, and this one definitely was at the Marriott standard. I would go back and would recommend it to someone who needed a room in downtown Ottawa. I just hope the City is not tearing up the water lines (or whatever) every night of the year.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review concerning your stay at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel. We are very happy that we met your expectations during your stay. We are delighted that your room was of good quality and that you rated us high for cleanliness. We are very sorry about the exterior street noise that you experienced. This was due to a ruptured pipe and the work has been completed. We are thankful that you would recommend our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I were in Ottawa for a business trip & Christmas party. We had a bit of trouble finding the front door of the hotel (it's on Queen St. despite the address being 100 Kent St.) but I'm directionally challenged anyway, so the fact I only had to go around the block once was a bonus! Our first experience was with the folks at the front desk. Very friendly and very professional. Despite an early check-in time, we were in our room in a matter of minutes. Then our next experience was in the Spin Restaurant in the hotel where we were served by Betty. She was an absolute delight and a great ambassador for the hotel. Service was abolutely excellent and the food was equally great. On our second visit to the restaurant, Betty introduced us to the Executive Chef, Frederick, so we could tell him personally how much we enjoyed the great food. Frederick is another great ambassador for the hotel. In terms of the hotel itself, our hotel room was very comfortable, the view excellent, and our overall experience I would rate as excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Just say "Hi" to Betty and Frederick and tell them Don & Brenda sent you :-).

Room Tip: Higher floors for a great view. Ours faced the Ottawa River.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for highlighting the brilliant service received during your stay with us. The accolade expressed to Betty and our Executive Chef Frederick are fantastic. Our hosts make every effort to make connections with our guests and it is rewarding to read that they achieved this during your stay. Please be assured that we will share your wonderful comments with them. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Brilliantly,

PuertoRico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is very clean hotel. Good size king size bed rooms. The location is more commercial and not to many choice of restaurants around . In the night you need a taxi specially in winter. In the day we walked to the Parliament but is not close to the hotel , if you want to see all the the tourist location better stay around Parliament all day.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive remarks concerning the Ottawa Marriott Hotel. We are pleased that you had a brilliant stay and that the over-sized guest room with king bed was appreciated. It is gratifying to know that we met your expectations and that you rated us high for cleanliness and service. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to hosting you again the future.

Director of Operations

Been to Ottawa Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!