“Average Marriott - What You'd Expect” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ottawa Marriott Hotel

You added Ottawa Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Ottawa Marriott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5R7, Canada (Byward Market Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Ontario
“Average Marriott - What You'd Expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived for our one night stay around 3PM. The first thing that we did was pull into the self-park garage ($18/night with no in-out) and were surprised with how narrow the lane was and how low the ceiling was. We were in a SUV and had a few tense moments.

The front-desk staff were friendly, although there was a bit of a line checking in. The hotel seemed very busy with conferences.

We were given a room on the 26th floor (concierge level) and were offered breakfast as part of the package. The room was fairly small and one king bed. The bathroom was of standard Marriott feel and was very cramped.

The view from the room was great, however, Parliament hill and surrounding area was under construction. That being said, the hotel is in a great location!

The breakfast in the morning was OK. I am not sure that the extra fee for the concierge level is worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments concerning your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that we were simply average for your visit. We pride ourselves on providing each guest with a brilliant experience and based on your comments we were simply average.

Thank you for highlighting the wonderful view you had from your room. The scenery from that floor is certainly picturesque with the Parliament Buildings, the Ottawa River and the National Museums.

You may reach me directly at stephane.pelletier@ottawamarriott.com at your convenience. I sincerely hope that you will provide me a chance to discuss your stay with you and I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Sincerely.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stay at this hotel 10-20 times each year. It is in a great location in the downtown with easy access either driving or taking a taxi from the airport. The location allows one to easily get to either the Ottawa river or canal for a morning run and the fitness club is adequate for most road warriors. The rooms are adequate for business purposes however the desks lack some of the more modern amenities such as easy to reach plugs and desk size. Their rooms are clean and well attended. The onsite hotel provides good food and room service is adequate, however slightly slow delivery.

Recommended as a business travellers stop over.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
We are fortunate to read that you had an exceptional stay at the Ottawa Marriott and we want to thank you for choosing us.

It is fantastic to read that our location allowed you to explore the city during your morning run. We also appreciate you mentioning our adequate health club for those searching to maintain their fitness routine while on the road. We pride ourselves on providing each guest with an inspired experience and I am pleased that we succeeded in this area.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing again in the future.

West Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here for a work assignment about 1 block away. Stayed for almost 2 full weeks. The hotel front desk staff was always friendly as I walked by. The doormen were always there with a "hello" or "how are you? ". The maid service was always impeccable and friendly if I saw her in the hall. One Saturday morning while there, hotel had a water pump failure... No water for about 2 hours. The staff in lobby was very apologetic... But I saw no need... machines break down. Shame on the guests who acted so upset in the elevator that morning! They had satellite TV (HD only) problem another coupleof nights and nice touch that hotel posted signs in the elevator and slid copy of same letter under room door to apologize. The TV still worked... Just minus a few stations. I felt very comfortable here and liked being able to walk a short distance to Bank St shopping... And only about a (very nice) 15 to 20 minute walk to ByWard Market (great place). Tim Hortons almost across Street from hotel which was nice for quick breakfast or late night treat (open 24 hours). The Marriott Ottawa made being away from home a nice time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this wonderful review. We are delighted that your two week stay at the Ottawa Marriott was comfortable and productive.

It is superb to read that the accommodations were comfortable and clean. We value your business and we are thankful that you stayed with us for an extended period of time. We also want to acknowledge your understanding for the issues you experienced during your stay. These situations were not deliberate and we did everything possible to communicate and rectify this as quickly as possible. It is satisfying to read that you felt we responded professionally and effectively in these circumstances.

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write your appreciation and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

we arrived in Ottawa and went to check in. I was first notified that there was a $250 deposit needed that the hotel would hold until we checked out. I was kind of annoyed that the hotel didn't have 2 beds, found parking entrance was hard to find. we went around in circles. Then went we tried to enter the underground parking. The parking door came down hard and make a severe mark on the front section of our van. we were told given a number to contact the underground parking company. Once we finally parked in the underground. We went around in circles trying to find which elevator to get into to go up to our room. Bathroom was very clean. Room could use updating. When we stayed in Delta Ottawa we found that it was more modern. Never experienced the experience that we had in the parking garage. Next time when we travel to Ottaw a I will always stay in Delta Ottawa. Worse experience

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and I hope that we can regain your confidence in the Ottawa Marriott.

I am sorry that you felt annoyed by the request for a cash deposit at check-in as this is a common practice for guest that do not have a credit card. I am not sure of the details as to why the parking garage door came down on your vehicle as stated. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with the parking operator concerning this issue. We share the parking facility with the Delta and our zone is indicated in Green. There are many directional signs in this area to assist guests in finding the parking elevators. I understand that this was not a memorable experience and I want to ensure that we are addressing these concerns accordingly. I realize that this does not make up for the shortfalls you experienced and I simply wanted to communicate our commitment to improving the guest experience.

I welcome the opportunity to further discuss your impressions of our hotel. Should you be willing to grant me the opportunity to learn more, I invite you to contact me at stephane.pelletier@ottawamarriott.com at your convenience.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I booked into this hotel because it was hosting the conference I was attending, so I didn't read any reviews in advance, which I normally do for a hotel, and therefore had no real idea what to expect. I had a very pleasant experience throughout my two--night stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. One day I managed to de-magnetise my hotel room key three times by accidentally holding it too close to my iPad and each time they were very good about reprogramming it. The bed was comfortable and I liked the pillows. Wifi was okay. Room service food was good - I especially liked the option to build your own salad, from which I was able to construct a delicious quinoa salad; a lovely break from the usual high-calorie stodge that is on most room-service menus. The location, so close to the main sights of Ottawa, is also excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Ottawa Marriott. We appreciate the positive comments you wrote and we are delighted that your stay was comfortable.

Thank you for the great comments concerning the room service and more specifically the “Make Your Own Salad”. We are pleased that the menu offered you the flexibility to enjoy healthy options during your stay. Our kitchen hosts put a lot of thought into our menus and it is great to read that you appreciated this variety. We continue to develop the menu composition in order to provide our guests healthy food options. Your comments are truly appreciated and it certainly encourages us to continue defining the dining experience at the Ottawa Marriott.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back in the near future.

Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for five nights last week. Gabriel checked us in and we were delighted with our 26th floor room which gave great city views and was almost next door to the Concierge Lounge. Our room was bright, comfortable and clean as we have come to expect from Marriott. We quickly discovered that it appears anything you ask for is done - almost instantaneously! Service in the Concierge Lounge from Lisa in the mornings and Annie in the evenings, was excellent . When I checked whether various items of food were ok with my wheat allergy, I was told that they weren't but that the chef would prepare something for me. The next thing we knew, Hen the chef, appeared with a tray full of beautifully prepared and attractively served food. This happened three times!! Amazing!
We loved the hotel, there was a great gym and nice warm pool. It was a shame that there was no Jacuzzi but all perfect apart from that. There was also a huge area for children of all ages, with which we were really impressed and I wished I had some children with me so that I could go and play too!!
The Wi-Fi system works well, there is also an excellent business centre, very useful for sending longer emails.
When the cleaners had been in, apart from doing an excellent job, the room had a wonderful scent .
There was also a kettle in the room . Yay!! How we English love a morning cuppa!!
This Marriott tries its very hardest to please and is doing a great job.
Thank you all we shall definitely be back!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
OttawaMarriottHotel, Director of Operations at Ottawa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We are privileged to read that you had an exceptional stay at the Ottawa Marriott and we want to thank you for choosing us.

Thank you for highlighting the many wonderful amenities that we provide to our guests. We recognize that our industry must offer a memorable experience and your comments validate our commitment to this. Your wonderful words about our hosts are the most rewarding part of this review. They take great pride in their role and it is gratifying to read that they made connections with you. Gabriel, Lisa, Annie and Han are incredible people and we are fortunate to have them on our team. They will receive the deserved recognition for their role in making this an extraordinary stay for you.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope that your next stay with us will be as brilliant as this one was.

Courtice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, check in was easy, booked online and prepaid.
Room although not large was clean and well equipped, Large TV, mini fridge, Keurig coffee maker with supplied cups was a nice surprise and more cups brought to our room when requested. Beds were very comfortable with nice sheets though the pillows were kind of flat. Gym was clean and well equipped, Wifi was free and worked well.
Managed to find parking nearby reasonably priced for downtown Ottawa.
All in all a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you had an exceptional experience at the Ottawa Marriott and we want to thank you for choosing us.

It is fantastic to read that the check-in was efficient, that the accommodations were comfortable and clean, that we offer free WIFI and most importantly that our hosts delivered brilliant service. We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to express your gratitude and appreciation. It is always rewarding to read that our new guestroom product and the service made this a comfortable experience.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Director of Operations

Been to Ottawa Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!