“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First of all, this hotel is not a five star hotel but I can tell you that our room was very clean and comfortable. We always stay at Comfort Inns when we travel and look for the pet-friendly ones when traveling with our golden. The staff are all very friendly and we were given a first floor room to easily access the outside area for walking the dog. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were given room 103, which is right next to the lobby and housecleaning staff area. It was a bit...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
CN302, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Dianeandpete1991,

It’s always a pleasure to receive excellent reviews – thank you! Our Team Members always go out of their way to ensure our guests have an awesome hospitality experience. We offer clean and comfortable rooms, complimentary parking and breakfast and our first floor rooms have the perfect access for guests with pets. Once again, thank you for your review, your continued patronage and I look forward to hosting you again in future!

Peter Switzer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel did some renovation except for the bathroom. It felt so dirty that I had to use antibacterial wipes to clean it. The breakfast was ok, nothing fancy about it. It can get very noisy bc of the highway, but after dark it's ok.
The only good thing is there is a mall next to it.. so if you need something it is very convenient.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
CN302, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Rxpei,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review mentioning our good breakfast and convenient location! You are correct in noting that the hotel has undergone extensive renovations with the exception of replacing our bathtubs, which is next on our list. Rest assured that although the bathtubs’ enamel is worn, they are clean. I would like to the opportunity to host you again and please do contact me directly for your next reservation.

Brooklin, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel, like many others Choice operates in Canada is over thirty years old and originally built as an upscale budget motel, meaning small rooms, small bathrooms. The breakfast room is an afterthought as part of the old small lobby has been converted. It is so tiny as to be almost useless. It is, however well stocked with all the items you would expect from a Comfort breakfast. Toaster is really slow and there is nowhere to stand while waiting. Room has a fridge and microwave, flat screen and one chair. Laptop plug in is convenient as Choice has mandated lamps with plugs. Bed were a little saggy, but comfortable. A/C-heater worked exceptionally well. There is no elevator. Room is overpriced, but that;s what Canada travel is. Bathtub was dirty, hot water exceptional. Wifi was spotty, often adequate, often slow.

Room Tip: Higher numbered rooms are further from the highway, with less traffic noise. There is no elevator
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
CN302, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear BeepTraveller,

As a Top Contributor in the TripAdvisor Community, I thank you for your 3/5 rating mentioning our room amenities and comfort! Because our breakfast area is small, we do offer our guests trays so that food items can be easily be brought back to the rooms. Some of our bathtubs do need refinishing and this is the next renovation project on our list. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not my cup of tea - for a business stay. But it is expensive and clean. I am used to a bit more comfort (larger room, more upscale breakfast). I think if you're on a trip and trying to save money - this is a good find.

Room Tip: I would suggest closer to the front desk - in case of midnight revellers.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Jstead,

As a Top Contributor in the TripAdvisor Community, I thank you for your 3/5 rating mentioning our great value for money and cleanliness! The majority of our guests love our location (two highway exits from downtown) and the fact that they do not have to pay for parking which can be as high as $30/night at other hotels. Although we do offer a hot complimentary breakfast, I do understand your preference for paying for a more upscale breakfast in a major hotel.

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

I travel a lot for business and was booked here. This hotel is in very poor condition and I checked out early and stayed in a brand new hotel down the street for $20 cheaper a night. The bathtub was peeling and mildew and mold everywhere - the shower was unusable due to its condition. The room is listed as non-smoking but has an extremely strong smell of smoke - the fridge did not work. I will not stay here again and will tell others to avoid due to its poor condition.

Room Tip: Do not book here!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
CN302, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, April 27, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I sincerely apologize for the lack of housekeeping standards in your room’s bathtub. This is certainly not a Comfort Inn standard and I will be retraining our Room Attendants. In future, if you have any issues with your room please do let us know so that we may rectify immediately. Please do contact me at 613-744-2900 as I would like to discuss your stay further and get the room number that you stayed in.

Southern Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Like some of the other reviews it was hard to find. This "Hotel" is in a "tucked" away corner. At first it was hard to get into. Some obvious road work had been done, which my GPS did not recognize.

From the road this place looks terrible. Transport trucks parked everywhere, and they obviously cater to the construction Trade.

Front desk attendee was helpful, gave me directions to a restaurant. Lobby is tiny, smallest I've ever seen.

Only 2 floors, I was on top floor. Room was OK, with newer furnishings but amenities such as the bath tub, toilet and Heater / AC unit were very old. Bathtub had mold in all the caulking...really gross! All the effort they put into new a new couch, bed dresser, TV and the like, made no difference to me, once I saw that tub! The Channel choices on the TV could have been better, I think I might have gotten 10 at most and the "free" high speed internet was so slow that I refused to used it.

Hallway was really loud until 10 PM and then things quieted down. (the room doors slam shut and that's all I heard...slamming doors)

Lots of hot water in the morning (yes I used the gross shower).

I was quite surprised by the "free" breakfast. It was actually pretty good. Waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt, apples, oranges, banana's, coffee or tea...the basics but it was all fresh. If I had to complain about anything here, it's just that the area to sit is very small, but overall it was OK. I took my food back to my room.

Check-out was easy...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
CN302, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, April 23, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 3/5 rating noting our great hot breakfast and helpful Team Members! I do sincerely apologize regarding the lack of cleanliness on the caulking in the corner of your bathtub. This is not a Comfort Inn standard and will be rectified immediately. Our guests truly enjoy our complimentary parking as parking at hotels in the immediate downtown area will cost between $20-35 per night. In future, should there be anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do let us know immediately as we are always at your service.

Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

We (my three small children and I) just returned from a 4 day stay at the Comfort Inn. It is a small hotel that serves a hot breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and found it to be overall clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the hot breakfast provided a great selection for adults and kids (My one recommendation would be to have a "kids" cereal as an option as well).

I was surprised by how quiet the hotel was at night. Noise is always a concern for me because I am a light sleeper and it is difficult to get the kids to sleep in a noisy environment. Despite the hotel being pretty busy we did not have any issues.

My one complaint is that whomever cleaned our room before we arrived did not clean out the bedside table. Our last night there I opened the top drawer and found an open bag of cheese curds sitting there starting to smell. I have no idea how long they had been there but pretty gross if you ask me! I didn't bother making a complaint to the front desk because we were leaving the next morning so why bother but yuck!

I would still stay again though.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
CN302, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
It’s always a pleasure to receive excellent reviews, especially those mentioning our great location with our genuine hospitality! Our location is perfect for guests who want to stay close enough to downtown Ottawa without the high cost of downtown hotel and shopping centre parking. I do sincerely apologize that we did not check the drawers in the room. I will be re-training our Team Members to ensure Comfort Inn standards are met. Once again, I appreciate your comments as it’s only through guest comments such as yours that we can continue to improve our operation. I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Ottawa!

Peter Switzer

Been to Comfort Inn Ottawa East? Share your experiences!