We went with friends for one night at Comfort Inn - Michael street Ottawa - having had a wonderful experience with the same hotel in Sault. STe Marie, we decided to stay again with the same chain of Hotel. We were extremely dissapointed with the hotel.
Firstly the hotel is far from the Centre of Down Town. The shopping mall is however across from the hotel - if you want to visit the mall. The hotel is small and has no lifts - The room key did not work and we were given another room. The room it self was clean and the beds were comfortable with extremely clean sheets. The bathroom was horrible with hairs all over and dirty - the towls were clean but the haird dryer did not work. The bathroom were old and not well kept. The breakfast area was the designated two chair reception area - you had to take your breakfast in a tray and go up the stairs to your room to eat. The bread, tea biscuts and bagles were hard and stale- not enough room for two or three people to stand in the area of breakfast.
The staff at the check in was ALi and he was extremely pleasant and helped us in all respects - the knowledge and assistance he gave us was very helpful - for which we would like to commend. One thing that was useful to us was the parking which was free and the hopoff bus picked us fromt he hotel and dropped us back there in the evening. Ottawa is a very beautiful city and worth visiting - since our stay was only for 1 night it was Ok - but I would not like to stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ottawa East Hotel
- Comfort Inn Ottawa East Hotel Ottawa
- Comfort Inn Ottawa
- Ottawa Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Comfort Inn(R) hotel is ideally located within minutes of downtown, giving easy access to the University of Ottawa, National Arts Centre, Rideau Canal Skateway, Carleton University and Ottawa International Airport. All rooms at this Ottawa hotel have been renovated and are now 100% smoke free. We also have a new lobby and brakfast area which features "Your Morning Breakfast" which offers both cold and hot items including waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage. Breakfast is also included in the rate. Refrigerators and microwaves are in every room .Guests can choose from rooms with a queen bed and sofa sleeper or rooms with two double beds. Drive-up ground-floor rooms with patio doors are also available.This Comfort Inn offers many high-value amenities, including: - Free high-speed Internet access- Free local calls- Free weekday newspaper- Pet-friendly hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Comfort Inn Ottawa East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.