“good night sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Stay More, Save More!
Ranked #58 of 66 hotels in Ottawa
“good night sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room was good, shower nice, new lcds now, it is a bit pricey for the hotel. convenient with the mall nearby,
The hotel hallways are worn down, carpet needs cleaning, staff are friendly.
breakfast is ok, just a simple selection in the morning.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
cn302GeneralManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you appreciated some of the recent amenity improvements we have made and in regards to the hallways and carpeting our ownership is in the process of addressing this issue. We hope to see improvements over the coming year.

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
North Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Arrived late Saturday afternoon, and it was HOT, but the room was cool and I think it has the best A/C of any room I've ever stayed in. Ground floor as requested. I found the gentleman at the desk kind of quiet, didn't even get up to serve us until he needed our credit card. But the room was very clean and seemed to be in very good condition. Also, for being near the lobby, it was quiet.
The lady that did the continental breakfast on Sunday morning, was very friendly, helpful and just seemed like someone you would talk to. As I left the area with our coffee/food, another housekeeping staff ran to open the door for me. Can't say enough great things about this stay. I use the Choice Hotels group all the time, and this even outdid the Quality Suites in Toronto.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to read about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Ottawa East and are pleased you plan to use us during future visits to Ottawa.
Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Staff were excellent and friendly. The room was good - clean and the High Speed Interenet worked. As a smoker I was pleased that they could welcome me to their facility. The breakfast was OK and there was an unlimited supply of coffee.

The only complaint I had was a cigarette burn in the bed comforter which was from a previous guest. Cleaning staff never replaced the comforter despite three reminders to the front desk.

Location was a wee bit difficult to get to but that is typical of the Ottawa layout. I certainly would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
It is such a pleasure for us to hear about your experience at the Comfort Inn Ottawa East. The communication error between our Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments is being addressed to ensure future guests are not disappointed when making a request. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope you will return soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Over the past 5 months, I have stayed at this hotel numerous times when traveling to Ottawa for business. Not only is it a great location for me, but the staff always treat me well. The hotel could use some upgrades, however I always feel like I am part of the family when I visit this hotel. Being on the road so much for work can be difficult at times, but I always enjoy returning to this hotel and being greated with true hospitality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have patio doors so you can walk right out to your car.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
cn302GeneralManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I am happy to hear that you have been enjoying your experience staying with us.

We are continuously improving our hotel, and have recently renovated our bathrooms, installed flatscreen LCD televisions and have brand new beds.

I would be interested to hear your feedback with regards to your recommendation for upgrades, please stop by to see me when you stay with us again or you can contact me by telephone (613-744-2900) or email (cn302@whg.com).
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Don't stay here the place is infested with Bed Bugs! They had the fumigators in yesterday and we killed 3 in our room.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
cn302GeneralManager, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ottawa East, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and we apologize for your negative experience at the Comfort Inn Ottawa East. Although we had an incident of bed bugs during your stay with us, as mentioned in your review we have taken extraordinary measures and not only fumigated the room in question, but also discarded the furniture within the room as a precautionary measure.

Bed Bugs are commonly known as hitchhikers, because they enter a hotel with an unknowing guest on their luggage or clothing. These "hitchhikers" can be picked up on an airplane, in a movie theatre or even a public library. Bed bugs are an unfortunate reality within the hotel industry in North America and worldwide, and have no relation with cleanliness of a property.

I can assure you and all future guests that we take this situation seriously, and in fact we had our third party pest management company inspect our entire hotel room by room to ensure it was an isolated incident. I am happy to confirm that there are no longer any bed bugs at the Comfort Inn Ottawa East.
Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Well...just over a year since I last reviewed this property. Again, moving from Ottawa to the Maritimes. Stayed here again because the only motel in the east of the city that allows pets.

Unlike the summer when we stayed, it seems more of a long-term motel now. Might just be the time of year. I can't blame the hotel for the other 'guests' but just felt like I was staying in a homeless shelter for the sketchy characters that were 'living' there. I was convinced that one lady was a prostitute and the other "neighbors" next to us looked like they were crack addicts. Again, I guess I can't blame the hotel for how these customers dress or seem....but on the other hand....perhaps screening of 'long term' guests is wise. I did see one family pull up and check out their room...and as fast pack up and leave...I am guessing they were not impressed and went someplace else. Which is going to end up being the case...less customers.

On the plus side, free continental breakfast. Could stay with two dogs. The green area for dogs was clean..no unpicked up messes. The staff were friendly and were mindful of tidying up outside of the property as well.

This motel served the purpose for us..travelling with pets..just needing a place to stay for a few days..but would not stay here if we didn't have the dogs.

Room Tip: Great if travelling with pets. Ask for a lower level room on the backside towards the trees.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Saint John, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This hotel was disgusting. Not only was the lobby dirty, the hallways smelled horrific and when we got into our room there was food all down the side of the bed skirt. They moved us to a different room only to have a dirty sink and tub. The breakfast was held in the dirty lobby which made us hesitant to even eat it. The only good thing was that it was located next to the highway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Ottawa East? Share your experiences!