We stayed four nights at this lovely B&B.
1. Great Location - well within walking distance to the major sites.
2. Room was very spacious, bed comfortable and room quiet - bathroom was dated - very old tub / shower - tight for space.
3. Richard was a terrific host - as others have stated, he spends time highlighting the landmarks and he is a fountain of knowledge about Ottawa. He and the other guests made it very special - one of the reasons we like B&Bs.
4. Breakfast was excellent - very healthy and homemade muffins were a treat.
5. Richard's dog, Sunny is amazing. He makes you feel very welcome and you can't help but fall in love with Sunny.
Overall a very nice B&B and for anyone who values a true Victorian home experience this one is not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King Edward B&B is a century-old heritage home in the downtown area of Sandy Hill. It is the closest accommodation to the University of Ottawa. Because of its central location, this B&B is within easy walking distance of all major attractions in the city including Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal, the National Arts Centre, the National Gallery, the Congress Centre, the Museum of Civilization and the ByWard Market. Most guests who come here never use their car because of our location. In its 20th year of operation, this B&B offers unsurpassed Victorian decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Auberge The King Edward Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.